What album(s) do you want Wilco...

The emotion of Chris Bell's "I Am the Cosmos"

I think that would take some serious drinking/isolation/overall damnation on Tweedy's part. I love that freaking album!

I'd like to hear some Jack Johnson and John Mayer influence.

No, seriously, I can't say I'd want to hear any influence other than Wilco influence. I think that's plenty good.

Thin Lizzy - Jailbrak

ACDC - '74 Jailbreak

Kiss - Dressed to Kill

Mott The Hoople - album with rock n' roll queen

Slade -Sladest

Sweet - album with Fox on the Run

NY Dolls - self titled

Stooges - Raw Power

T. Rex - Electric Warrior

Motorhead - album with Killed by Death on it

Chaep Trick - debut

that about does it, i'm only joking 50%.

Thin Lizzy - Jailbrak

ACDC - '74 Jailbreak

Kiss - Dressed to Kill

Mott The Hoople - album with rock n' roll queen

Slade -Sladest

Sweet - album with Fox on the Run

NY Dolls - self titled

Stooges - Raw Power

T. Rex - Electric Warrior

Motorhead - album with Killed by Death on it

Chaep Trick - debut

that about does it, i'm only joking 50%.

THAT SOUNDS AWESOME. I'm only 50% serious, but 50% of me is not joking.

I've just learned to trust Tweedy's song writing and judgement . When Summerteeth came out I thought it was great, better than Being There(I now think they are equally amazing). When YHF came out I was initially disappointed but I had faith. Boy, what a pay off. It's been the same for all the other albums. I even questioned the wisdom of adding Nels Cline into the mix. Silly me. Have faith, these boys know what they're doing.

I've just learned to trust Tweedy's song writing and judgement . When Summerteeth came out I thought it was great, better than Being There(I now think they are equally amazing). When YHF came out I was initially disappointed but I had faith. Boy, what a pay off. It's been the same for all the other albums. I even questioned the wisdom of adding Nels Cline into the mix. Silly me. Have faith, these boys know what they're doing.

How about more with the TOTAL PROs

Astral Weeks or Our Mother The Mountain (Townes Van Zandt's second record) if they want to do another stripped down "live" sounding record, I'd love to hear them bring in Andrew Bird and the Total Pros as well. Maybe side one could be stripped down acoustic songs in the vein of Mountain Bed, Sunken Treasure, or Muzzle of Bees and then side two could be more rocking electric based tunes. I also hope they bring the "inglennations" back, and since they've been playing "It's Just That Simple" again, maybe it'll inspire them to let John write another song for the record. I could get behind that.

--Mike

I want lots of studio overdubs and experimentation. I want something with tons of textures that reveal something new on each listen.

Exactly. I want a dense, textured record. I pine for the days of YHF.

John is intrigued by your suggestions. ;)

(From the Des Moines Register; an interview with John in Cleveland right after the residency):

Q: What direction would you like to see the band

Astral Weeks or Our Mother The Mountain (Townes Van Zandt's second record) if they want to do another stripped down "live" sounding record, I'd love to hear them bring in Andrew Bird and the Total Pros as well. Maybe side one could be stripped down acoustic songs in the vein of Mountain Bed, Sunken Treasure, or Muzzle of Bees and then side two could be more rocking electric based tunes. I also hope they bring the "inglennations" back, and since they've been playing "It's Just That Simple" again, maybe it'll inspire them to let John write another song for the record. I could get behind that.

--Mike

Bringing It All Back Home...except BACKWARDS!

If there isn't some "smoke weed" or "worship Satan" stuff when I play the next Wilco record backwards, I'm not sure if I could like it.