Now Playing: March '08

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This any good? I have liked what I've heard from the first record and seeing him live, but I can't get over how dumb that album cover is.

it's pretty great... he went almost 100% soul/R&B on this one. left a lot of the electronic flourishes off the album. no single song on it as great as the title cut from the last one tho.

i thought he was fun live, but i got pretty annoyed by him after 15 minutes or so and left only to come back to catch Hot Chip's set.

hope he tours with a full band this time, the one man band thing doesn't really work for me in his case. it comes off as very karaoke-ish.

it's pretty great... he went almost 100% soul/R&B on this one. left a lot of the electronic flourishes off the album. no single song on it as great as the title cut from the last one tho.

i thought he was fun live, but i got pretty annoyed by him after 15 minutes or so and left only to come back to catch Hot Chip's set.

hope he tours with a full band this time, the one man band thing doesn't really work for me in his case. it comes off as very karaoke-ish.

he's definitely going to have a drummer, Willie B. from Johnny Dowd's band is touring with him.