Big Perm's Tourney Pick Em'!

I refuse to believe that either Louisville or North Carolina are as good as their thumpings yesterday would indicate.

Top 3 games to watch this weekend...

Memphis / Mich St

Xavier / WVU

UCLA / WKU (At least I hope that one's a good game...)

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have watched exactly zero minutes of college basketball this year. But somehow I have 12/16 teams in the SS and all of the rest intact.

Since I am only looking at scores, memphis is the one giving me fits as I have them in the finals.

For me it's still second to the World Cup, but it's a pretty close second. Definitely the best sporting event in the U.S.

Yeah, I think if I lived anywhere else in the world, the Cup would be the greatest sporting event. But, being an American with little interest in soccer, the tournament tops everything else for me.

I don't have to follow this tournament anymore.

Well that's just sad.

I still have watched exactly zero minutes of college basketball this year. But somehow I have 12/16 teams in the SS and all of the rest intact.

Sometimes that's the best approach.

BUMP! The madness continues!

WVA and Xavier at 7:10, and then WKU/UCLA and UL/UT for the second game. :dribble

I think that our local CBS station will somehow magically show both of those second games - one on the regular channel and one on the "other" channel that they somehow tuck into the digital deadspace between things on cable. It sounded complicated when someone tried to explain it, but I will be happy to just enjoy the magic of technology and partake of them both.

Doubt we'll have any upsets tonight. The UL/UT game can't be an upset, imo. Too close to call.

I read where the mayor of Louisville sent a box of Ky bourbon to the mayor of Knoxville. Said it will help soothe their "sunken spirits" when they lose. Also sent one to Chapel Hill since the UL women's team plays UNC on Saturday. Same card... gotta love this time of year.

:( Apparently WVU forgot how to make foul shots down the stretch. Hell of game though, I thought Xavier was going to win big in the first half. Sweet Sixteen for this squad is pretty good though, that's what I kind of pegged as a best case scenario for them all year. Still, they were awfully close to advancing.

--Mike

Damn, that West VA loss hurt me, in both these brackets, and my ones for big bucks. I've got Louisville wiining this game over the Vols and they're looking good right now, up 8 with 11 left. Go Cards!

I believe the best I can now do in the Big Perm pool is seventh place.

I am still positioned to win my family pool (and currently leading), but I do need my championship pick to come through.

Let's hear it for WKU. What a run they had and what a comeback against UCLA, even if they fell a bit short, they never stopped fighting.

I hear my Gamecocks are looking at offering the WKU coach. Could be interesting.

Also, I see my brother has made a big leap in the Big Perm pool. We're now tied. :monkey

About last night's games, I hope someone eventually gives UNC a run for its money. I realize they are good, great even, but their games so far have been so boring. And the local channel here sucks and won't switch even when UNC has all its scrubs in. did get to see about a minute of the WVU-Xavier game though. Woo.

I'm hoping for the opposite. I loathe Michigan State.

I feel the same way about Pitino. Last night was the first time IN MY LIFE that I ever rooted for Tenn. And now I have to cheer for UNC.... bleah. At least it's not Duke. That would be the mother of all 'llemas. A dreadful proposition.

you usurped me! now i just have to root for memphis to go down.

Ha -- If past history is any indication, I spoke waaaayyyyy to soon. Plus, I probably jinxed myself by watching about 30 seconds of the Louisville game :pirate