Big Perm's Tourney Pick Em'!

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This kid Curry is totally ridiculous. I will not pick against him again. I sense a Danny Manning type of vibe going on here. Unbelievable!

I cracked the top 5 in the standings. After Louisville stuns UNC tomorrow, I'll be flying solo at #1 I'm sure.

as a longhorn fan, I have nothing to say about playing Memphis, I'm scared, but we seem to be playing relaxed, so thats all I can ask, I hope we show up and it's a good game

I actually feel better about this year's team than I did the '03 team with T.J. Not that that means anything, obviously. I just think Justin Mason and Damion James are playing incredibly right now (along with D.J. and A.J.) and provide all the intangibles needed to win.

Seriously, is this most boring tournament ever?

Would it be boring if Arkansas were still alive and winning by 20 points?

i like how the announcers are doing everything they can to make these games seem exciting. last night they were saying, "don't count out villanova," when they were down by like 20 points. :yawn

I think were getting ready to see a great game, that will come down to the wire. Go Cardinals.

Would it be boring if Arkansas were still alive and winning by 20 points?

If they were the only team winning by 20, no. :)

That really wasn't the point though. There just haven't been a lot of good games. :cheers

Also, can we make it a rule to not have basketball games at football stadiums. My head still hurts from watching the games last night. Maybe after next year, at least. The Final Four is at Ford Field in 2009, I think.

Seriously, is this most boring tournament ever?

Are you kidding? This tournament has had some absolutely fantastic games. Xavier and WV is OT. Duke and Belmont down to the wire in the first round. San Diego knocking off UConn in OT. Western Kentucky's shot in OT at the buzzer to beat Drake, then Western taking down SD and almost coming back and beating UCLA. The Butler and Tennessee game was a great game. Siena smokes Vanderbilt. Davidson and Stephen Curry making it to the Elite 8. I really think this has been a great tournament, nowhere near boring.

Are you kidding? This tournament has had some absolutely fantastic games. Xavier and WV is OT. Duke and Belmont down to the wire in the first round. San Diego knocking off UConn in OT. Western Kentucky's shot in OT at the buzzer to beat Drake, then Western taking down SD and almost coming back and beating UCLA. The Butler and Tennessee game was a great game. Siena smokes Vanderbilt. Davidson and Stephen Curry making it to the Elite 8. I really think this has been a great tournament, nowhere near boring.

Why does everyone consider Davidson an underdog? They were in the top 25 the week before the brackets were announced, if I remember correctly? Bad seeding by the NCAA, if anything. Bottom line, Davidson was not an underdog.

I agree WKU/Drake, and Duke/Belmont were great games. Vandy? Anyone who watched any basketball this year knew how terrible they(and the rest of the SEC) were this year. Hell, my shitty team beat them.

Any of you heard about the teenager that is one of two that had all 16 teams left in his bracket on ESPN? He doesn't have cable. He's been following the season via newspaper. He has Davidson winning it all!

Why does everyone consider Davidson an underdog? They were in the top 25 the week before the brackets were announced, if I remember correctly? Bad seeding by the NCAA, if anything. Bottom line, Davidson was not an underdog.

I don't think I called Davidson an underdog, but it's good that the rest of the nation can finally see how good they are.

I don't think I called Davidson an underdog, but it's good that the rest of the nation can finally see how good they are.

You didn't. I wasn't trying to single you out. I'm just annoyed by it.

I'm glad you are enjoying the tourney!

Beers around! :cheers

Xavier / UCLA was not the game I was hoping it would be. Although that run by UCLA in the 2nd half was pretty impressive.

Pitino's teams always seem to have a run in the 2nd half when they need it - just not sure UNC will allow that to happen tonight. They're still hanging around tho.