Big Perm's Tourney Pick Em'!

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Valiant effort by Louisville, too many poor decisions down the stretch.

alas....

anybody know when was the last time that all 4 #1 seeds made it to the final four? looks like a possibility this time.

I'm not sure it's ever happened.

damn, a tournament is not complete without Roy Williams crying at the podium.

here's to Hansbrough leaving for the NBA as a career backup center.

He'll be of no more consequence in the NBA than Laetner, a second stringer at best.

I wish Verne Lundquist and Bill Raftery would call the Final Four games. Those 2 are a great pair and Raftery is flat out hilarious.

Same here, Nantz is fine, but Billy Packer annoys the hell out of me. Gus Johnson is probably my favorite tournament analyst..

--Mike

He'll be of no more consequence in the NBA than Laetner, a second stringer at best.

I agree. He's not going to get the calls (or no-calls) that he gets now, and he's going to start looking pretty slow and clumsy when he's put out against the NBA guys.

I could be wrong, but I just don't see him being an NBA All-Star ... or even a starter, unless he ends up with a bad team like the Timberwolves or Grizzlies.

I want to echo the Tyler Hansbrough sentiment being tossed around here. I'm sick of the guy lumbering around out there, nearly killing people, and rarely, if ever, getting called for it. That face that he makes almost every time he actually gets called for a foul makes me want to knock at least half of his teeth out. He'll be a four points and four rebounds bench player in NBA for seven years. I'd be amazed if he was anything more.

Never happened. The most that have ever been in the Final 4 is 3 one seeds.

Um, I didn't know that when I picked the 4 one seeds :lol

My way of picking is that cream eventually rises to the top.

That face that he makes almost every time he actually gets called for a foul makes me want to knock at least half of his teeth out.

He's got nothing on Bill Laimbeer in that regard.

Texas was the only team I had in the Final Four that wasn't a #1. Damn.

Wow, I don't think there's ever been a final four where I actively dislike every team, but it looks like we could have one this year(barring a huge Davidson upset later).

I guess I'll be pulling for Kansas, I don't really dislike them all that much. Actually, I'll definitely be rooting for them as they'll be playing UNC, and I must echo the Tyler Hansbrough-is-someone-I-can't-stand sentiment.

I wish Verne Lundquist and Bill Raftery would call the Final Four games. Those 2 are a great pair and Raftery is flat out hilarious.

"the little kissssssss off of the glass"

Wow, I don't think there's ever been a final four where I actively dislike every team, but it looks like we could have one this year(barring a huge Davidson upset later).

Why not pull for Memphis, all of the other #1's have won many championships. Of course Davidson could go ahead and win and we'll all have somebody to cheer for. Does anyone doubt that Curry could score 45 points if needed for the win today?

- Poor Albert Brooks, reduced to voicing Blockbuster ads.

- That Lexus "H" commercial supersedes any level of uppity assholeness they ever reached before. "H"s had a better place to live than with everyday, working people? Fuck you.

- Is there a less charismatic actress on Earth than that "Cold Case" woman?

- I want to drown the singer of that Mac Airbook song.

- I like those NCAA pro-sports spoofs.

- That was a real good game.

Would have been even greater if Curry had hit a 3 at the buzzer.

I wish he hadn't held onto it for so long, especially after one Kansas player hit the floor and there was somebody open to pass it to. Easier said than done, I guess. I've got Kansas winning the whole thing, anyway, so I guess I should be happy.

I still don't see why you guys think this tourney is lame. Tons of great games. Who cares about the seeds.

Other than all the UNC blowouts (Psycho T, ugh!), I think it's been an awesome tourney. Ah Davidson. So close.