Big Perm's Tourney Pick Em'!

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow -- I'm not sure how -- I'm not mathematically eliminated quite yet. But I need a few weird things to happen, including someone other than Memphis or Texas winning the South regional.

Put a fork in my bracket, it's done. The only good thing about having half of my Final 4 and one of my championship teams eliminated today is that I don't have to follow this tournament anymore.

How long until football season?

I still have 10 of 16 teams. Not too bad I guess but I've done a lot better before.

I would absolutely love it if Davidson and Western Kentucky could win 2 more games and get to the Final Four. Stephen Curry is one of THE best players in the country and no one really knew about him until a few days ago. These kids deserve the spotlight and I hope they can keep toppling the big boys and reach San Antonio. Tall task for both of these teams to get through the teams ahead of them, but it's damn fun to root for them.

I think my bracket is cooked, unless Texas goes on to win it all. Rick Barnes can't win big time games, but I picked them any way. At least I still lay claim to picking one of the biggest tourney upsets, Siena over Vandy.

Gosh, the Tournament is the best sporting event ever. I love it.

Gosh, the Tournament is the best sporting event ever. I love it.

For me it's still second to the World Cup, but it's a pretty close second. Definitely the best sporting event in the U.S.

Well my run at the top was fun while it lasted but with only 5 of my Elite 8 left and 3 final four teams I'm pretty much out.

Hard to hate on Davidson, though. Those kids are awesome. Hats off to them for sure. No doubt Georgetown thought they had that game wrapped up at half time.

And as for Duke, I've been a fan since 1986 and was very disappointed in their performance this year. Soft, no heart. No desire to win. I miss the kids like Hill, Battier, Hurley Laettner, Langdon, Wojo, Chris Collins, JJ, etc. Where are all those kind of kids, Coach K???

And as for Duke, I've been a fan since 1986 and was very disappointed in their performance this year. Soft, no heart. No desire to win. I miss the kids like Hill, Battier, Hurley Laettner, Langdon, Wojo, Chris Collins, JJ, etc. Where are all those kind of kids, Coach K???

As a hater of Duke since as far back as I can remember, my only disappointment was that Belmont didn't quite pull off the upset in the first round.

The weird thing is, I like and respect Coach K ... I just hate his teams. Duke are the Yankees of college basketball.

As for my VC bracket ... it's dogshit at this point. I picked way too many upsets in the first round that didn't come through (and I didn't pick the ones that did happen), and I've lost three of my elite eight and two Final Four teams.

My family bracket has fared little better -- but I still have three of my Final Four alive in that one.

Well my run at the top was fun while it lasted but with only 5 of my Elite 8 left and 3 final four teams I'm pretty much out.

Hard to hate on Davidson, though. Those kids are awesome. Hats off to them for sure. No doubt Georgetown thought they had that game wrapped up at half time.

I've been a fan for a long time as well. I'm mainly a fan of Coach K but love the teams. I don't think this was a case of soft/no heart. I think of Duke teams as overachievers. These guys were no different but just did not have the talent level to run with some of the teams in this tournament. Coach K gets more out of kids than, arguably, any other coach in college basketball. I think many of the people that you mentioned would flounder on most college teams.

Well, this is about the worst I have ever done on my brackets. (I made 3 or 4 of them this year and my VC bracket is in the best shape...and I'm in last place)

Next year I make my picks based on jersey color and/or mascots. :stunned

(I made 3 or 4 of them this year and my VC bracket is in the best shape...and I'm in last place)

*ahem* Unless there's another bracket I'm aware of.

I've still got 10 or 16 left and 3 of the Final Four left though.

I've still got 10 or 16 left and 3 of the Final Four left though.

Lammy and q23cd, click "View Complete Standings" on the group page. There are actually 41 people in the VC group. They only show the top 10 on the main group page, and if you're not among the leaders, your bracket shows up at the bottom of that list (as if it's 11th out of 11).

That threw me too, at first.

Oh, you didn't get invited to the other bracket? (kidding)

When I logged in I just saw the first screen showing the top ten and I saw my name at the bottom. Okay, so I stand corrected--I'm 34th place right now, which is a vast improvement! :lol

Of course, in my work bracket where there is actual money on the line I had Georgetown winning it all, so uhhh... :unsure

Lammy and q23cd, click "View Complete Standings" on the group page. There are actually 41 people in the VC group. They only show the top 10 on the main group page, and if you're not among the leaders, your bracket shows up at the bottom of that list (as if it's 11th out of 11).

That threw me too, at first.

Thanks. I had no idea. I guess that's a good thing that I've always been on the short list.