http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003725203

i think lou is a bit misinformed here. not all mp3s are shitty quality. itunes, yes, amazon, no. he kind comes off as a dick. guess he showed up at his 'tribute' show and said he was the first punk rocker.

c

From those quotes, I think he may be attacking technology less than he is the way that people are using the technology. He knows there's high quality mp3's out there -- he's going after people for being so content to listen to the shitty ones.

From those quotes, I think he may be attacking technology less than he is the way that people are using the technology. He knows there's high quality mp3's out there -- he's going after people for being so content to listen to the shitty ones.

well said. :thumbup

256 sans DRM, the same as iTunes pluses.

Very few people can tell the difference from 256 and CD quality, anyone who says they can is likely lying.

on a good stereo it's pretty easy to do. On a MP3 dock thing, not so much. I listen to the highs - cymbals and their sustain, that kind of thing and you can get it right 9 times from 10.

Very few people can tell the difference from 256 and CD quality, anyone who says they can is likely lying.

That opinion is, um, not universally held.

I really don't get what he's tootin' his horn all about. Yes, mp3s are shitty sounding, but it's a fact of life. It's analogous to recording stuff onto a casette from the radio or whatnot from, say, 30 years ago. Complaining about them won't get rid of them. They're always going to be around and the more musicians toot their horn the less likely people will actually give a damn about it. There's missing "sound" from shitty recordings but their vibe is unparalleled.

And plus, if the shitty quality stuff is getting him business (through shows or otherwise), I don't see why he would care so much (from a business standpoint).

Well, he hasn't done much in a while other than that Tai Chi music album that no one (including myself) has heard. He did release two songs online earlier this year that are not bad but pretty standard Lou stuff. It's now been 4 years since his last rock album though.