What's the rarest record or memorabilia you have from any band?

I have no idea what most of my stuff is worth, but the one thing I'm most curious about is my 17 song Anti-Flag demo tape of their first recordings. I've never seen it on ebay. Seeing as their latest record was produced by Tony Visconti (!!) I imagine a few people might be interested in it. My husband has TONS of demo tapes from punk and hardcore bands who went on to be pretty successful.

I've got many punk records that I think are probably worth something but I'm not willing to part with them. A few years ago I weeded out the things I didn't care about and sold them. Besides, my husband never parts with anything and has an extensive record collection, so there's sure to be another copy in the house of anything I got rid of.

I've got the Sufjan Stevens Illinois LP with the balloon sticker over the top of Superman, but I don't know how many of those were made, and it's probably not worth anything.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the first (only?) pressing of the 7" with "Hedgecore" on it.

I've got that one.

Our friend was in a few Berkley area bands back then. He gave Lint guitar lessons, wrote guitar parts for OP IV with Lint (or for Lint, if you want to split hairs :P), and played their last few shows as a second guitarist. He pulled out a box of records from under his bed and we nearly died. He had original pressings of everything under the sun, if not test presses. He was like "what? do you think these are worth anything?" :rolleyes

I see now that the first Inquisition 7" is selling pretty well lately. I've got all their records, plus the original version of their first CD, complete with a gigantic full color foldout insert, which is why they lost so much money on them. I've never seen another one on ebay and only know of one other person who has one. I got the very last copy, pulled out from beneath the seat of their van when I followed them for a few days. Even on their first tour, playing in college dorms, they were one of the best bands I've ever seen. GregRVA can probably back me up on that!

I have Dan Marjele's autograph on the back of an M.C. Hammer ticket stub.

I have Jeff Tweedy's autograph on a Son Volt ticket stub...

JT said... "you sure, I wouldn't want to ruin it for you."

I said... "it doesn't ruin anything for me, because you wouldn't have one without the other." :yes

I have an original poster from Chicago's Kenetic Playground/Electric Theatre from, I think, late 68/early 69 showing upcoming bands such as Led Zepplin, Grateful Dead, etc. The heading on the poster says it all "A Bill of Unsurpassed Excellence!" A college buddy gave it to me back in the 80s.

I don't know how rare it is, but someone recently told me it is VERY rare and selling on eBay for a mint, but I have in a box in my folk's attic an original cassette of Phish's album Junta that I got from the band way back in the late '80s.

I don't know how rare it is, but someone recently told me it is VERY rare and selling on eBay for a mint, but I have in a box in my folk's attic an original cassette of Phish's album Junta that I got from the band way back in the late '80s.

Cool..any story to share on how you got it?

I saw Les Paul perform in NYC in the 90's.. He signed my brochure. I was up there auditioning for music school, and he signed it "Keep pickin!".. Very nice/down to earth guy.

Plus it's cool to have the authentic signature that is on THE Les Paul guitar..

I have one cool thing (besides every Kiss record on Vinyl):

A copy of G'N'R's Appetite for Destruction with the original cover. And I didn't get it as a collectible, it was because at 13, I knew more about music than I do now!

That photo ended up being used on the inside of the sleeve - if it is the one I am thinking of.

There used to be a member of this place with a sealed Beatles baby-massacre lp.

when it came up in one of these type of threads, everything sorta stopped.

I've got a Butcher Cover. Not sealed / mint; but pretty good shape.

Well, I just found out I've got something more valuable than I thought. A copy of The Decemberists 'Castaways and Cutouts' on green vinyl just sold on ebay for $355, and 'The Tain/5 Songs' on grey and white vinyl sold for $105. :dancing

I also forgot to add my Jay Ryan series of prints for Andrew Bird's Mysterious Production Of Eggs. Each individual print sells for about 10 times what they cost already. The package deal was a better investment than I could have imagined.

Cool..any story to share on how you got it?

I would like to ask this of the guy who got herpes.