Tom Waits "Glitter and Doom" Tour

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he'll use Duke Robillard again.

Early tour rumors (i.e. from over a month ago) included Dave Alvin.

He hates Canada. Just fucking loathes us.

Enjoy him for me, guys, cuz I'll never see him live.

If you know US geography at all you can see that you are far from alone.

Not sure yet. However, I'm sure we'll hear the news soon. I have heard that David Alvin was rumored to be playing...

Now that you mention it, I think I heard that rumor a while back.

The last tour (2006)...

08-01 Atlanta, Georgia, Tabernacle

08-02 Asheville, North Carolina, Thomas Wolfe Auditorium

08-04 Memphis, Tennessee, Orpheum Theater

08-05 Nashville, Tennessee, Ryman Auditorium

08-07 Louisville, Kentucky, Palace Theater

08-09 Chicago, Illinois, Auditorium Theater

08-11 Detroit, Michigan, Opera House

08-13 Akron, Ohio, Akron Civic Theater

08-13 Cleveland, Ohio, House of Blues

He pretty much just does as he pleases.

This is the best press conference I've ever seen! :lol

I didn't see it - don't really care for the dude - but his interviews are always entertaining. I just found this - pretty funny.

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Tom Waits will embark on a 13-show "Glitter and Doom" tour, set to kick off June 17 in Phoenix.

Waits made the announcement Monday (May 5) via his Web site, TomWaits.com, via streaming video in what first appeared to be highlights from a press conference. It was later revealed to viewers that Waits was talking to an empty room, with staged audience questions being broadcast by a record player amid rows of empty chairs.

His "press conference" did not indicate who will be accompanying him in his backing band or if this will be a solo affair, but Waits did offer up the acronym "PEHDTSCKJMBA" as the "guiding word" for this summer's tour.

Taking the first initial from each city on the trek, Waits explained that the "pretty profound" acronym stands for "People Envy Happiness, Dogs Though, Sense Courage Knowing Jubilation Means Better Assets."

I'm debating if I should make the 8hr drive to St Louis...but being broke doesn't help matters.

Yep, that's my problem as well! If I had a spare...say $300 for gas, hotel and ticket expenses I would drive 8hrs from Virginia Beach to the Knoxville, TN show! Damn! I would give anything to be able to see this guy live. I've waited so long and feel if I don't see him on this tour- I'll never see him... :ohwell

Ditto, although in my case it'd be a 12ish hour bus trip to Columbus. Ain't gonna happen, basically because I'm too poor to justify even catching a localish show (although I would, without hesitation, skip several days worth of proper meals to see Waits just once in my life) and because there's no way that I can afford to be away from home for three days just because of a single two-hour concert.

Jesus, Tom, EAST COAST. We love you, you old goat. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll never see you because you hate us, but when you do this again in two or three years, man, don't go spoiling the midwest again...