Wilco, 5/15/08, The Pageant, St. Louis

i know i said i wasn't going to comment anymore, but this is very well put and something i think we all can agree on. :yes

I don't know that we can all agree on all of it. I do appreciate oceanman's offer to have a drink and have a little discourse at the next show if the planets should align. I must admit Wilco is the only band I have picked up on in the last few years. Most of my favs are dead or too old to sing. We just get psyched to see Wilco. I don't think I'll apologize for anything we did, I might seek out the wild bunch the next time I go to make sure we are all in the same vibe.

And to the dude who said I can't come to Tulsa, was that not a good f'n show? I can't remember a more lively crowd/band interaction.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know that we can all agree on all of it. I do appreciate oceanman's offer to have a drink and have a little discourse at the next show if the planets should align. I must admit Wilco is the only band I have picked up on in the last few years. Most of my favs are dead or too old to sing. We just get psyched to see Wilco. I don't think I'll apologize for anything we did, I might seek out the wild bunch the next time I go to make sure we are all in the same vibe.

And to the dude who said I can't come to Tulsa, was that not a good f'n show? I can't remember a more lively crowd/band interaction.

It was a great show and there was a lot of band/fan interaction. I hope it wasnt me who said you couldnt come to Tulsa, Everyone needs to experience Cains at least once. I think JT gave everything he had even with a hurting vocal cord. Those kind of things is what makes me want to see every show I can.

It is the only place I've seen where you can go up and buy a 6-pack of beer at a time. So please come to Tulsa, and you can even bring your whistle.

It was a great show and there was a lot of band/fan interaction. I hope it wasnt me who said you couldnt come to Tulsa, Everyone needs to experience Cains at least once. I think JT gave everything he had even with a hurting vocal cord. Those kind of things is what makes me want to see every show I can.

It is the only place I've seen where you can go up and buy a 6-pack of beer at a time. So please come to Tulsa, and you can even bring your whistle.

We loved Cain's. It had the feel of an old basketball gym. I agree, the 6 pack deal is cheap and safer than having bottles or cups runneth over.

Dear Fathead,

I guess you won't be seeing this since you are't looking at this site anymore. But just in case, I am from Tulsa and have been to 2 Wilco concerts at Cains Ballroom and one Jeff Tweedy solo tour. I have also been to several Wilco concerts in KC, Wichita, Springfield Mo. as well as 2 in St. Louis.

I hate to tell you, anywhere there is alcohol served, there are going to be people who do stupid things. There is nothing more offensive to a sober person than a drunk. I personally go to a Wilco show to enjoy the music not kill brain cells or hear dog whistlers. Please don't come to Tulsa and bring your loving entourage with you. Us uncouth hicks enjoy concerts here for the music not the "firewater".

Dear, Scubajib

Yeah, U are the one who told me, Fatheadfred, and our Wilco gang not to return to Tulsa..although we we nice and polite there??Hardly making a peep. But, that's ok. We loved Cains and the basketball gym...and a 6 pack of canned beer on the floor.The stage was so low I felt like I was looking right into JT's eyes.I still can't get over how many people just hung out @ the bar, sat in the bleechers, in the hallways, etc...totally ignoring the show.I think it was one of my favorites yet.Man, he brought his Dr. to the show.How cool was that?

Oh, U also told me to wear my straight jacket.But I forgive U on that one.I do need one @ times.Funny though, on your comment up above here, Fatheadfred called himself and us uncouth hicks, not u.

Us Missouri country folks have no manners sometimes.

Yes, I should clarify. I meant hick as country folk who like to have fun, not the jacked up 4 by drivin' truck w/ a sticker that say, 'ain't skeerd'. Although that person is deserving, just clarifying...that ain't me.

I had to pay for one babysiter that night, now two? If you can't take care of yourself, please stay home. Please don't make this into another band I can't go see because people are out of control. I have been that guy before, I have gotten punched in the face, I have got kicked out of shows. I know what it is like on both sides, I would kick my own ass if I saw myself acting like shit head. I never wan't to be that guy ever again. I still drink..............and yet considerate of others. How does that work? It's not that cool being THAT GUY.

I am so glad I was in the balcony that night.................and the free tickets! :worship

Edit:I think we have an offical Wrecking Crew. Lot scene? This is what turned me off to Dead, Further, and Phil tours.

No Problem!!! Good company. Did you see I got some great shots from the balcony that night (or not professional great) but intersting persepctive.