Who will win Lord Stanley's cup?

Stanley Cup  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the NHL expand?

• Seattle
    • Quebec
    • Las Vegas
    • Toronto

I have no idea. But if the league steps in, the Blackhawks might not have any say in the matter. And if neither the league nor the Blackhawks do anything (of course, this is assuming that the worst is true), then you'd think there would be uproar.

It all hinges on whether or not criminal charges are brought. 

Earlier this year, Mike Ribeiro was sued by an ex-nanny for sexual shenanigans, but because criminal charges were never issued, the NHL never poked its nose in.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/12429057/mike-ribeiro-nashville-predators-sued-allegedly-assaulting-nanny

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the allegations are true, his NHL career might be over. 

And that is because, unlike the NFL, the NHL is a league with integrity.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/10/hall-of-fame-game-generates-big-tv-ratings/

Sorry. I couldn't find the NFL thread. Anyways, this news sickens me to the core. This article states that this joke of a preseason game on Sunday night between the Vikings & Steelers without Big Ben or Adrian Peterson drew a 6.9 rating. 

This means that it did better than the most recent ALCS Game 1, NLCS Game 1, NHL Stanley Cup Final game 6, NBA Western Conference Final Game 1, NBA Eastern Conference Final Game 1 and the Indy 500. 

I didn't watch it. I watched all of the above sporting events except for the Indy 500. How is this possible? This preseason game means nothing and no one popular is playing. Is it really just the fetishizing of football being back? That isn't really for another month away. No one I know loves NFL preseason games. We all laugh it off. This is a real slap in the face to the sports mentioned above. The drama and importance in the above championship games should be enough for people to watch and is why I tune in. Do the other sports really need to drag out controversy to get them to watch? Does it really matter? Are the good people of Pittsburgh and Minnesota that ready for some football? How many minutes do you need to watch in order to be classified as a viewer?

Get that crap out of my NHL thread!!

Football seems to be the only sport that is the least affected by regionalism. That is, it wasn't just Pittsburgh and MN fans watching that game (as the rating # would seemingly agree with).

This is what you can conclude: People will tune into a football game. Baseball sucks. Nobody watches the NHL. Basketball REALLY sucks. And, there is nothing more boring than a televised car race, including baseball.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey this thread I made when I was 20 is still a thing.... the poll was on the 2008 Stanley Cup Finals, so I updated it with something more recent and topical. However I don't know how to clear votes so you might want to delete your vote and revote. I'll update it again in 2023. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...