Who will win Lord Stanley's cup?

Stanley Cup  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the NHL expand?

• Seattle
    • Quebec
    • Las Vegas
    • Toronto

The most important question of our times. This series is great for the NHL, two power house teams, both of them in traditional hockey markets, no silly Californiee or Georgia or Florida.
I'm going with the Penguins for both. I really want them to win the cup now, as I remain hopeful for another team to win within a few years. And who knows how long they can keep these guys together, Malkin already said he wants to get paid more then Ovechkin and Crosby and won't offer them the "home town discount". They're the closest thing we've ever had to the Oilers of the 80s. Obviously both teams want the Cup but I think the Pens want it more since only two of them have ever won a Stanley Cup.

2015 EDIT: Ha! Remember when Georgia had a hockey team?! Red Wings won 7 years ago... so the poll has been updated with the always popular expansion question. It allows for multiple entries.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As this is one of those situations where I would not be happy unless both teams somehow lose, my answer to the first part is Detroit, as I hate them just a little bit less than I hate the Penguins. I think Pittsburgh is not quite there yet, so I'm predicting Detroit. If they can keep both Crosby and Malkin, Pittsburgh will be a terror for years to come.

Detroit is really the only Old Six team I cannot stand.

Pittsburgh fans must be so excited. I'm sure Detroit fans are too...but they've seen this more recently than Pens fans...hopefully one day I'll be able to see The Bruins in this situation..

Why do you hate both of them?

As a Rangers fan, Pittsburgh-hating is de riguer. Detroit just kind of annoys me. They are like the Yankees of hockey.

No no, he'll be winning it with the Canucks!!!

Game one begins on SATURDAY! All the games are at 5 pm pacific time!

EDIT: Mark Rumsfield beat me to it!

As a Blackhawks fan, it's in my blood to hate the Red Wings. As a fan of good hockey and sportsmanship, it's also in my blood to hate Sidney "Watch Me Dive!" Crosby. That said, I'd like to see the Pens win, but I have a feeling they're just no match for Detroit on this one.

Crosby definitely dives... but that's okay, he's a young player and he'll grow out of it, hopefully. However, I think that's a clear sign that he's not mature enough to captain a team.

the detroit red wings are the most liked team in the NHL. they must be beaten.

If you are basing this on the impressive number of winged wheel jersey's in the stands when the Wings play on the road, you can chalk that up to the "vibrant" Michigan economy. Those transplants to the south and west still pull for the old home team.

How so?

Perennially good, and sometimes tediously dominant. If they're your team, great, but for everybody else, it just gets old.

I'd say the Canadiens are. They've won more Cups then any other team and I think are only behind the Yankees for winning championships in North American sports.

Perennially good, and sometimes tediously dominant. If they're your team, great, but for everybody else, it just gets old.

I can't stand the Yankees, but I love that they're the Yankees. I love hating them. I'd rather have a a team be a dynasty, because it makes it more worthwhile when they come to town.

I'd say the Canadiens are. They've won more Cups then any other team and I think are only behind the Yankees for winning championships in North American sports.

Mon sang du Qu