• Seattle
    • Quebec
    • Las Vegas
    • Toronto

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great and exciting Cup series, and although I root for Boston, this is pretty classy:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/chi-hawks-thanks-bruins-20130628,0,6246683.story

I saw that in the paper. And, honestly, that makes me proud to be a Hawks fan almost as much as the win, itself.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the Cup finals on NBC makes me wish that the NHL could swing a major network contract for the regular season.

Watching the Cup finals on NBC makes me wish that the NHL could swing a major network contract for the regular season.

The NHL does have one - with NBC. Though, in recent years, it hasn't covered the fall portion of the season. Recently, the coverage has begun with the New Years Day outdoors game, and then they show a weekly Saturday matinee game until the end of the season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

At least the Beibs had the common sense not to pick it up and raise it over his head, unlike Jim Belushi. (somehow Jim Belushi was on the ice after the Cup Clincher, and he raised the Cup over his head! WTF?!)

Agreed, how did that happen ?

Bizarre , that two shellbacks made it to the NHL!  ( Southern Hemisphere )  How did that happen? Spoon-fed weasels sent off to East Coast schools? Gotta be tuff enuff to get thru all that .. Cudos!

Robyn Regher, born in Brazil. A NHL 1st round pick in 1998!

cool map, Winston.

Did they bench the wife-beating goalie yet?

It was his g/f, but yeah, he was(has been) benched immediately after turning himself in . He should be kicked off the team and prosecuted and found guilty if the allegations are true, too.

It was his g/f, but yeah, he was(has been) benched immediately after turning himself  . He should be kicked off the team and prosecuted if the allegations are true, too.

He definitely wasn't benched. He started the first game immediately following his arrest, got the next game off (normal pattern for a goalie - rarely does anyone start in back-to-back games), and he's starting tonight. So he only missed one start. 

He definitely wasn't benched. He started the first game immediately following his arrest, got the next game off (normal pattern for a goalie - rarely does anyone start in back-to-back games), and he's starting tonight. So he only missed one start. 

Oops. Last report I had heard was from Halloween or the next day. My bad.

Roy's a dirtbag.

• 1 year later...

Damn.

Not just because I'm a fan, but because he always seemed like a nice kid. I hate to find out that's not true.

EDIT: But, if he is a rapist, throw him the fuck in jail.

Nice kid?

I guess so, other than the time he assaulted a cab driver, or the time he got kicked out of a frat party for choking a girl...

http://deadspin.com/5909246/reconstructing-patrick-kanes-drunken-weekend-in-madison

http://deadspin.com/5334113/patrick-kane-reminds-you-why-you-should-never-take-a-cab-ride-in-buffalo

I love the Hawks and think Kane is a hell of a player, but he is definately a guy who has not learned how to learn from past mistakes or how to live life as a high profile person.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the press.

If the allegations are true, his NHL career might be over. 

Slava Voynov, a young defenseman who used to play for the Kings, was sentenced to a short stint in jail for spousal abuse, but even before the sentencing, the NHL put him on indefinite suspension until the trial was resolved. I think he's serving his 90-day sentence now, but the KHL has indicated he has a future there.