I remember his solo on the same song when they played at the Middle East in Boston. It was awesome.

Nels actually plays the solo on the record.

BAD ASSSSS! nothing better than a phat, straight ahead rock solo. Saw AD in atlanta in 04 and it was prolly one of the best shows i have ever seen. the cover of big stars you can't have me was incredible. really wish we heard more from pat either in wilco or outside. how bout a band with pat, mikeal(sp), glenn, and john. could be incredible! :worship

Yeah. When him and Nels dueled at the Residency Saturday show on Hoodoo Voodoo Pat gave him a run for his money.

I thought the exact same thing, although I figure that Pat has learned a lot of his licks from Nels.

how fantastic and rare it is for a band to have three such distinct and talented guitar players

it's difficult for me to decide whom to listen to in their tunes these days, not to mention throwing in john, mikael and glenn.

The interplay between Nels and Pat is fantastic on that song. I think it would be cool if Jeff just busted in with a shred of his own!!! :guitar

Has that ever happened?

I think when they were doing Hoodoo Voodoo in March/April 2006, it was a three-guitar face-off. The thread from the 3/22/06 Des Moines show seems to have been lost in the board crash from right around that time, but I took this picture at that show, and I'm pretty sure that's what was happening here.

DSC03279a.JPG

I've got the video of Hoodoo Voodoo from last year's Voodoo Fest webcast around here somewhere. It's awesome, of course. My love for Pat grew exponentially that night. :worship

• 2 weeks later...