Similar to the Blogotheque (I think?), no? Still, always great to see artists in a new light.

I googled that, really cool stuff! it is somewhat similar. here's the link to all of them:

http://www.blogotheque.net/spip.php?page=cae_all&lang=en

i love hearing these stripped down versions of the songs, so beautiful

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Not sure if people are aware of this little gem of a website. I discovered it last night. The premise is..... artists that you and I all like perform a song in the back of a Black Cab, usually in London, with an introduction by the cabbie. There are some really nice performances. Check out My Morning Jacket, Kurt Wagner, Micah P. Hinson and Bon Iver amongst others. There's also a disturbing but facinating performance but Mr. Daniel Johnston.

http://www.blackcabsessions.com/

Yes we have talked about this before here at VC (merged!) but it's always nice to get a reminder to check it out again and see what's new. Thanks for the nudge!

Sorry!! Couldn't find a previous thread. Anyway, worth looking at again as there are plenty more sessions, notably the Lambchop one.

i enjoy the micah p hinson one because his voice is awesome, and you wouldn't think a voice like that would come from a dude like him. i've got my laptop hooked up to my surround sound listening to music, and the car noises from the cab are making my dog crazy! :lol

So when is Polyphonic Spree doing one? Ha.

:lol then it would be called the black vw bus sessions!