Now Playing: July, 2008

Impressive. I can't stand the production on ND, it's terribly muddy...but the others are 5-star caliber.

funny.

No Depression is my favorite. But yes, they are all great. I probably listen to March 16-20 the least, so it was nice to get that one into my ears today.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting - I probably listen to March the most.

I probably listen to Anodyne the most.

First I liked Anodyne best, then Still Feel Gone, then March, and it goes in circles so it evens out. Right now it's more or less a March kind of time, but two weeks ago it was 1000% Still Feel Gone. I would like Still Feel Gone better than Anodyne if it wasn't for Postcard...but Anodyne was my first UT so I probably love it the most.

First I liked Anodyne best, then Still Feel Gone, then March, and it goes in circles so it evens out. Right now it's more or less a March kind of time, but two weeks ago it was 1000% Still Feel Gone. I would like Still Feel Gone better than Anodyne if it wasn't for Postcard...but Anodyne was my first UT so I probably love it the most.

I bought No Depression the day that it came out, so I can probably account for my love of that one in the same way.

3853023.jpg

The Dutchess and the Duke

saw them open for Fleet Foxes last night... after 3 songs everything sounded exactly the same and they had zero stage presence (also didn't help that they didn't really have an actual drummer either), no thanks...

how's the album?

Not bad actually. Very 60s sounding thing that alternates between Nuggets-lite songs and folkier Dylan/Baez ditties. I was expecting Moldy Peaches type dreck and the references to blowjobs and tricks sort of goes to the same place, but it's better than that, ie the songs have melodies.

Think I like the louder stuff better. I will up the thing at the place.

tommy.jpg

8 beers in and I want nothing more than to run around my house jumping off furniture doing windmills.

What an achievement this album is. There's like 6 (at most) individual melodies on the whole damn thing, and yet it's beautiful...

Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot demo's

This last month and a half, which has easily been the worst in my life, has made me appreciate music so much more. I cannot stop listening to this band.

41W0DAV2YAL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Just picked up the reissue of this one on the weekend.