July 4th / 3-day weekend!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:dontgetit

It's a holiday weekend - splurge and get some wine that's at the very least mediocre.

you have a very good point. we'll go for the corked stuff!

Ahem. And the 3rd, 4th, and 5th?!

don't worry, i will be glued, even if a few celebrators try to stand between me and the tv. there are baseball games, and then there are Baseball Games!

I plan on eating my weight in fresh corn and cantaloupes. napping in the back of the car. Maybe a swim in the Chowan, probably some tickling of my nephew, some teasing of my father in law and some weeding of Grandma's garden. Plus a trip to the Russell Stover outlet on Sunday and perhaps a swing by one of the peanut places to load up on the butter toffee peanuts for the office.

Guest Hollinger.

80/35 Festival here in Des Moines... Flaming Lips, The Roots, Andrew Bird, Jakob Dylan, Drive By Truckers, Yonder Mountain String Band, Black Francis, aaaand some other people.

Bourbon, sleep, remonstrances. I might bake a cake.

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th...working :stunned

And since most of the local restaurants are closing for the next two weeks and we are right next to a few campgrounds, I'm thinking we are going to be PRETTY DARN busy!!! :dancing

Hopefully, getting out in time for fireworks...some night, somewhere *fingers crossed*

The 4th falling on a long weekend is throwing my celebrations out the door probably for the next 3-4 years...*sigh*

EDIT: Oh, and I saw Wall-E today with my girls :D

Friday

David-McEnery-Cat-Nap-II-51035.jpg

Saturday

Florence.jpg

Sunday

pd_sleeping_071114_ms.jpg

BRILLIANT!

no plans as of yet! maybe a little biking. maybe a little strolling. hoping for some quality patio beer enjoyment, as well!

great thread wendy! :cheekkiss

My sister and the kids and a bunch of us will be doing this. Since about half the crowd is severely claustrophobic, it should be great fun. :huh

we had something like that in STL when I was growing up. It was at the Magic House and it was called The Touch Tunnel - what an unfortunate name. My friends and I loved it....my parents? not so much.

No better place than DC on the Fourth!!

Quoted for truth. I've been in DC twice on the 4th and it was beyond awesome.

This year: drink cold beer until I go insane. That is all.

So I'm thinking a free show by Calexico in Detroit might be the thing for me. :thumbup Weather forecast says high of 80 and sunshine!

What kind of fun do ya'll have planned?

You should also go see Broken Social Scene on that Friday. They are also, you know, free.

Guest Jules
you have a very good point. we'll go for the corked stuff!

corked does not always mean good. Actually, there are some amazing non-corked wines being made these days.

80/35 Festival here in Des Moines... Flaming Lips, The Roots, Andrew Bird, Jakob Dylan, Drive By Truckers, Yonder Mountain String Band, Black Francis, aaaand some other people.

Me too! I am really only looking forward to the headliners. Will that destroy all my 'indie' cred?