HR Derby 2008  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the HR Derby Contest?

• Lance Berkman, Astros
    • Ryan Braun, Brewers
    • Chase Utley, Phillies
    • Dan Uggla, Marlins
    • Grady Sizemore, Indians
    • Josh Hamilton, Rangers
    • Evan Longoria, Rays
    • Justin Morneau, Twins

I am not looking to turn this thread into a "small ball" vs "wait for 3 run HR" thread, but nothing makes me happier than a guy who just puts the bat on the ball against the shift.

And let's be honest bobbob -- the AL woops the NL because it's got better players.

I'm not really sure I agree with that, especially since most of the talent shift the last few years has been from the AL to the NL, and most of the great young players are in the NL. I'd say they are at worst, even in talent, though the AL is probably more top heavy.

And nothing makes me happier than winning ball games. The Marlins used sac bunts the other day, and they won the game because of it. That was cool. They won the game before because of a home run.

Also, the term "wait for the 3 run home run" is so obnoxious.

I propose raising the mound three inches.

Chris Berman just said that Morneau was being "goalie-like" in how he is defensively watching Hamilton hit. I want to shoot Chris Berman.

I kicked over my TV last night when Joe Morgan explained that Josh Hamilton's HRs went further than everyone else's because he connects with the ball on the sweet spot of the bat. And that everyone else was hitting their home runs off the end of the bat or were out in front. God I hate Joe Morgan.

Well 2 Justin Morneau voters win, although Josh Hamilton stole the show. WOW, what a show!!!! Now how can anyone say that wasnt exciting? HR Derby is just good old fun and last night was one of the best ones ever. Hope you caught it or else watch the highlights today.

I'm pretty sure the guy who presented Morneau the trophy called him Jason Morneau, the later Dustin. Yeah, the guy plays in a small market, but he won MVP 2 years ago. Learn his name. As a Twinkies fan, I thought Morneau handed it all w/ class, although he should've give the trophy to Hamilton.