Photo contest prizes

So, I noticed that they are doing the photo contest again this year and the first prize listed kind of surprised me.

1 pair of Jeff Tweedy-designed Nike ID running shoes

:huh

Really? I tried doing a search for them but came up empty. Anybody know about these?

Guest Speed Racer

Nike has a function on its website where you can design your own running shoes. In this case, it would be Jeff designing running shoes for you. Well, I hope they would fit you. It would kind of be a bummer if you won shoes that didn't fit you. But you get the idea. I'll post a link in a sec.

To answer what I presume your question was, there is probably not a line of Jeff Tweedy Nikes out there. Probably a few athletes between him and his first Nike sponsorship.

edited to add: linky

edited again! to add: Well crikey! Things have changed in the past few years and it's not just running shoes you can customize. I'll be damned.

Awesome, maybe I can win again. I really need new running shoes. Maybe I'll just submit a photo of my current shoes. They are looking really rough and they're dangerous too, the grippy soles have come off and I always fall on the slippery rocks when I'm hiking! :yay

I submitted mine. I'm not technically in the picture, but my Wilco shirt is...does that count?

Haha, only my shirt is in my picture as well. So is my girlfriend's, actually.

How much of a nerd does it make me that we actually took those specific shirts to Mexico, just so we could enter this bloody contest?

• 2 months later...

any word on this??? winners, etc? I submitted a few pics and two made it to the group page on flickr. but haven't seen any buzz or banter or word yet on winners, etc. anyone know anything?

--

nevermind. wilco hq said winners will be announced this week.

What exactly would one do in a pair of Jeff Tweedy Nike? Stand in one spot, looking down and tapping a foot? Or jog in place while holding a guitar?

sell them online and donate the proceeds to the poor soul that made them... helping feed them for a month