The wife and I saw Wilco in Zaragoza several years back on a week long trip to Spain. Getting around was easy. We bought our tickets on a spanish site beforehand and had a printout in hand. The venue did not recognize the printout, but let us in anyway without charging us. I was worried about it but it worked out. Our only problem was our luggage, as we had taken a train in that evening and left at 2 a.m. on an overnight to Barcelona. After four or five tries, we found a hotel to hold our bags. It turned out the venue would have let us use the coat check for our bags. Would of saved us an hour. The crowd was great, the show was great, and we probably could have hung out with the band as they were mingling around the bar afterword. Had to catch the train though.

If people are looking for cheap places to stay in Mallorca, you should check out Hostel Terramar. It's very close to the venue but up a hill and back a street from the main road so it's quiet. Here's the address: Plaza Mediterraneo 8, Palma de Mallorca 07014. It's a hostel, not overly nice by any means but very cheap, extremely close, and the owners are British so everyone there speaks English. I stayed there last summer and it was perfect for what I needed. Wish I could go this year. Thought I'd throw it out there because I remember it was a pain knowing where to stay when I was looking.

Cheers for the info - booked into Hostel Terramar. As Im flying solo for this mini-Spain excursion, does anyone want to keep me company? I get lonely! But seriously - I would love to meet up with fellow Wilco fans for a pint or two to discuss .... (insert interesting stuff here)

• 2 weeks later...

Man I am so pissed - booked a trip to Germany before they announced Wilco in Ireland, then Tweedy's solo dates in Spain and then Autumn Defense announce a show in my home town!! I doubt I'm just not going to see any Wilco activity this year.

However best wishes to all VC 'ers and enjoy these upcoming shows..............!

Are you kidding?? Go and have a great time! I have gone to shows alone and they are lots of fun. That or talk one of your girlfriends to go with you (but only if they are also into the band).

Thanks for your support! I know it sounds a little stupid,but I have PHOBIA to the planes and after the crash in Madrid airport...

I think I use my family for excuse,too :blush

Speaking of Spain - last night I watch this episode of Highlander:

Duende

* Original air date: 01 March 1997

* Written by: Jan Hartman

* Directed by Richard Martin

* Credited Cast: Adrian Paul (Duncan MacLeod), Stan Kirsch (Richie Ryan)

* Guest cast: Deborah Epstein (Luisa Hidalgo), Carmen du Sautoy (Anna Hidalgo), Dolores Chaplin (Theresa), Anthony De Longis (Otavio Consone), Claudie Arif (Duenna), Marie Vernalde (Young Anna), Arturo Venegas (Don Diego), Monique Messine (Housekeeper), Felipe Calvarro (Rafael), Elisa Tonati (Gilda), Elsa Franco (Isabella)

Spanish swordplay, like Spanish dancing, is equal parts passion, skill, and strict discipline. The Immortal Otavio Consone is a master of both. An arrogant Spaniard who 150 years ago tried to teach MacLeod the sword art called "The Mysterious Circle," Consone vied with MacLeod for the hand of a beautiful senorita, with tragic results. Now MacLeod must protect a Flamenco artist and her daughter from Consone's revenge.

Oh dear. I think I remember that one. Is Highlander still in syndication somewhere?

I have all the episodes on DVD - Santa Claus got them for me. Also, one can watch them on AOL TV. There is a convention in LA next spring - I woud like to go. Also - SCI-FI is going to begin running the show again this winter, I think.