Wilco and atheism

I liked PKD's idea of VALIS

Vast Active Living Intellegence System

-Robert

That was one resolution I did not get to this year - read more Philip K. Dick. :(

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PANTHER @ Oct 20 2008, 08:16 PM)

GOD or GODHEAD(CREATOR) is more logical than no creator given creation or existence anyone have a better logic?

Yeah, pick up a fucking physics book, or a book on cosmology or biology or any number of subjects that touch upon the existence (or lack thereof) of an Intelligent Designer, godhead or however you choose to define it.

And but so that

GOD or GODHEAD(CREATOR) is more logical than no creator given creation or existence anyone have a better logic?

That's called "God of the gaps" and I find that to be a particularly dangerous way of thinking.

That said, if God does exist, I pray to him that he allow me to be a fly on the wall for a PANTHER/TheMaker meet-up. :P

"GOD or GODHEAD(CREATOR) is more logical than no creator given creation or existence anyone have a better logic?"

Yes, there are several better logics: physics, chemistry, and evolutionary biology.

Not one of those three "logical systems" can explain the existence of the universe.

Hi!!

I'm new to the thread. Could someone briefly explain, having first run his or her response through a spell/grammar check, what the hell this thread is about?

Thanks!

good job guys, almost there!

maybe we can get 33 random posts and get this fucker closed.

How about 33 posts arguing about that god damn signature?

You REALLLY don't like my sigs, do you?

Is it the pic? Because I could lose the pic...if I wanted to. But it's kinda cool..."Ultima Ratio Regum"...the Last Arguement of kings...engraved on the Canons of Louis the XIV.

I was thinking about removing it...but if I can't piss you off, what good am I?

EDIT: Ok Gary...I removed the pic.

I remember the last time we had a dustup over my sigs...I left the board for about 8 months. I like it here...I don't want to go apeshit psycho and quit again.

I for one really like having Mr. Crow on this here board.

This could be my first post in this insane thread (I'm certainly not gonna go back and check it out, though) which is surprising since I have an opinion on the subject at hand. But as far as I'm concerned I just added a post so now we're that much closer to 1000. :dancing