My wife and I enjoyed it also. We like the premise and are looking forward to living it vicariously. The first episode certainly had promise. I hope that it is fulfilled.

I liked it. I will TiVO it, but it is NOT better than Dexter and/or Weeds. It isn't better than Better Off Dead, or Six Feet Under. Definitely better than John from Cinncinati, though.

I am having a hard time with the willful suspension of disbelief on Anna Paquin's bayou accent. However, the sex scene with Maudette and The Vampire was really something. Whew.

dexter, weeds, and californication which i think are the best shows ever on tv.

bold statement. i greatly dislike weeds. i do like dexter and californication quite a bit, but seriously?

i guess you never watched the sopranos...

There's definitely potential, but I think it has miles and miles to go before it could be mentioned in the same sentence as Dexter or Californication. Based on the first show, I'd keep watching Entourage before True Blood. But .... I'll give it a few weeks.

Anna Paquin's Bayou accent? Pretty rough, but her friend (Tara ??) is worse.

There's more effort going into making the show look good than actually making a good show.

Oh, great. I don't have cable right now so I watched it on broadcast. I didn't even get to see it that well.

I can understand the criticisms. The first episode of True Blood certainly was not the Greatest Television Ever but as I said before, I like the premise. It may make me sound geeky and adolescent but it would be amazing if vampires were real and they came out wanting to be accepted due to Japanese-produced synthetic blood. It has the potential for some very interesting situations and could make for a well done program. I'm wishin' and a hopin' that it works that way.

I admit that after 2 episodes, we are hooked. It isn't great TV but it is fun and the premise, even though we are not vampire obsessives or goths, is the real bait for us. Though you shouldn't be guilty about pleasure, I guess that's what some would call it.

i like how it is evolving slowly. We had an inkling that Sukie was strong in the premier, when she wrapped that chain around the bad dude's neck, but I think we're seeing slayer type strength here. I am a gigantic buffy fan btw, and while yes there are similarities, i do not think the show is a rip off of the Buffy product.