Saturday Night Live

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think 90 percent would choose to abort a baby with Down's Syndrome (if so, how very sad), but yes, the 10 percent that don't I WOULD say are morally superior AND amazing, strong human beings.

Apaprently 90% would which makes me wonder...is 90% of the country left leaning liberals?

BTW 100 years ago and prior so many of these birth defect children would not have made it or would have been put in poor houses, asylums or worse. Was it god's will then?

i get it... it's "god's gift" or "will" and a "blessing", i just don't agree...

Those are your words not mine.

I'm not gonna judge anyone. Until you walk in one's shoes, etc.....

But there's just no denying the inner strength and courage and faith in those who accept and deal with such tough situations.

Those who are very faithful and strong don't think it's their right to go against the hand they've been dealt by God, no matter how bad. It inspires the hell out of me.

Apparently I'm in the minority.

i get it... it's "god's gift" or "will" and a "blessing", i just don't agree...

if me wanting the best possible life for my child makes me less 'moral' than those who have children with Down Syndrome, i'm ok with that i guess.

Every good parent wants the best possible life for their children, including even those fools that don't abort them.

Am I to blame for this topic taking a turn away from SNL?

If so, gosh, I'm sorry.

No worries. If you hadn't diverted things, it would have eventually devolved into a discussion about whether non-atheists are idiots and why religion is to blame for everything.

No worries. If you hadn't diverted things, it would have eventually devolved into a discussion about whether non-atheists are idiots and why religion is to blame for everything.

:lol

for the record, i think jacobnicholas started it with his whole 'not getting that Sarah Palin is an absurd choice for vice president and SNL is making fun of it and i don't think it's funny thing'. You know, the whole forest through the trees...

I missed the best of SNL's days, but through reruns I have discovered that 1991-1993 was the best run the show had. The cast was outstanding. Sandler, Myers, Carvey, Spade, Rock, Hartman, Farley, etc. How could you go wrong?

I missed the best of SNL's days, but through reruns I have discovered that 1991-1993 was the best run the show had. The cast was outstanding. Sandler, Myers, Carvey, Spade, Rock, Hartman, Farley, etc. How could you go wrong?

Farley was useless, and I have never found Sandler 1/10 as funny as everyone else seems to. However, those were definitely among the show's best years (mostly due to Myers/Carvey/Hartman).

Until SNL can figure out how to write a skit poking fun at Obama and/or his supporters, it might be fun to see who on Viachicago can think of one.

Here's my attempt:

(The setting is a stand-up bar. A wacky MC asks if the audience is ready for a big night of comedy and introduces the next comedian. Barack Obama walks up to the mike.)

OBAMA: Hi, I'm Barack Obama.

CROWD: (Raucous laughter)

OBAMA: So, I was getting a drink out of the fridge....

CROWD: (Raucous laughter) A guy shouts out, "Ha-Ha...Wooh!....Getting a drink?!.....that's hilarious!

OBAMA: So I'm unscrewing the lid off this bottle of orange juice...

CROWD: (Raucous laughter) A lady shouts out, "Yes!! You're so right! Those lids are SO hard to open! Ha! That's awesome!"

OBAMA: ...and a bunch of the juice drips on my new suit...

CROWD: (Raucous laughter) A guy yells, "You're 'new' suit?! Omigosh, that's hilarious! You could have said, 'old' suit, but you said 'new' suit! The joke is SO much funnier that way....that's brilliant!!! Ha!"

OBAMA: ...apparently I was squeezing the bottle too tight.

CROWD: (Raucous laughter) A guy screams, "Squeezing? Like squeezing oranges? Ha! That's one of those subtle, clever word plays that the normal comedian wouldn't think to use....that's awesome Obama! You're amazing! Ha-ha...yes!!!

(This continues for a couple more minutes....at the punchline, the audience laughs so hard they physically explode, streaming blood onto the stage.)

How about Obama ordering at a fast-food counter.

Shot of OBAMA from cashier's view.

OBAMA (looking up and to the left): Look, I will have...(pointing) the fish, uhh, fingers. And (looking up and to the right, scanning menu fruitlessly) uhh, that is, what I'll have.

CASHIER: Anything to drink?

OBAMA: (pointing to CASHIER) Look, no.

I envision this a 40 minute sketch.

Axel Foley: What? Y'all the second team?

Detective McCabe: We're the first team.

Barrack Obama: Yeah, and we're not gonna fall for a banana in the tailpipe.

Axel Foley: [mocking him] You're not gonna fall for the banana in the tailpipe? It should be more natural, brother. It should flow out, like this - "Look, man, I ain't fallin' for no banana in my tailpipe!" See, that's more natural for us. You been hanging out with this dude too long.

*scene*

you're in the wrong business

How about Obama ordering at a fast-food counter.

Shot of OBAMA from cashier's view.

OBAMA (looking up and to the left): Look, I will have...(pointing) the fish, uhh, fingers. And (looking up and to the right, scanning menu fruitlessly) uhh, that is, what I'll have.

CASHIER: Anything to drink?

OBAMA: (pointing to CASHIER) Look, no.

I envision this a 40 minute sketch.

That's pretty good.

I thought the idea from jakobnicholas wasn't terrible. It needs some polishing, though.