WILCO: the Best Band in The World!

While we're talking about the Jonas Brothers, apparently some of their straight edge no sex hullabaloo is a croc. A friend of mine was working in the crew at one of their shows. She said they were ripping lines and had mad groupies. Don't tell your little sister.

While we're talking about the Jonas Brothers, apparently some of their straight edge no sex hullabaloo is a croc. A friend of mine was working in the crew at one of their shows. She said they were ripping lines and had mad groupies. Don't tell your little sister.

Their pastor is going to be livid.

Local H

Is that heroin processed right up the street?

That's a hard one -- I have a 4-way tie for 2nd place.

Calexico

Ryan Adams & The Cardinals (or "Cardinals" as they are called now)

My Morning Jacket

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

These bands blew me away this year. And last year. And maybe the year before as well.

:wub

Calexico

My Morning Jacket

These bands blew me away this year. And last year. And maybe the year before as well.

No Califone? :ohwell

Calexico

My Morning Jacket

I have a couple ties as well.

Tom Petty is a rock star...and The Heartbreakers I can't agree enough they blew me away too.

I'll add Drive By Truckers to the list...ain't nothing like that Rock show.

And of course Neil Young/Crazy Horse or whom ever Neil would like to play with.

Hey, I had to stop somewhere. :hmm And I guess I was thinking more live performances. ;)

I understand. :cheekkiss I gotta say though - Califone is the best band I've been exposed to since I was turned onto to teh Wilco.

Oh, enough of this crap already, Radiohead is not the best band in the world.

dondoboy - you realize a reply to your post could be: "Oh, enough of this crap already, Radiohead is the best band in the world." And it would be just as valid as yours.

Ha ha ha ha! I love to laugh. Thanks, dondo.

Alright, to make up for my Radiohead bashing I give you this:

"The magnitude of Radiohead derives from its rarified cultural position: Its is the only hugely popular arena-rock act that is taken seriously by virtually everyone (Ahem). As such, the band is the de facto idea leader for pop music in general, and every decision it makes is perceived as significant. Everyone expected the old model for album sales to eventually collapse or evolve, but that was mostly theoretical until Radiohead released "In Rainbows" with no specific price tag.

Thom Yourke lives at the vortex of this machine, directing both the trajectory of the music and the shaping of its perception. He is obsessed with the technology that alienates him, skeptical of the media that lionizes him, and constantly inventing ways to work as a singer-songwriter on the largest possible scale. His politics are a tad predictable (anti-globalism, pro-environment), but he applies them in unpredictable ways. He's primarily critical of himself, sometimes suggesting that Radiohead will stop touring to reduce its carbon emissions. However, the most fascinating thing about Yorke is simply the reality of his situation. Any new music he makes is guaranteed to be influential, because everyone else will be responding (or reacting) to the baseline he establishes. Yourke is shackled with the unique responsibility of leading the only band that inadvertently matters to everybody"

Written by Chuck Klosterman for Esquire magazine. October 2008

I don't know if this makes them the best band in the world, but boy they sound important, so I'll watch my words. Maybe.

thats a very true assesment of radiohead the only other artist that is in that unique position is Kanye West.

There are no real deals anymore , Wilco included. Good records nowadays usually have allot of intent that make them likable to the people who get it.

Im going to see Wilco and Neil Young with my father in toronto and its funny becuz Im sure he'll be impressed but he's not gonna listen to them either way.