US Combat Troops on Domestic Duty Oct 1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope they're not expecting something. i hope this isn't interesting timing.

I wonder how quickly we'll see a brigade become a division, or a corps.

Brigade - 3,000 to 5,000 solders. A brigade headquarters commands the tactical operation of two to five organic or attached combat battalions. Normally commanded by a colonel with a command sergeant major as senior NCO, brigades are employed on independent or semi-independent operations. Armored cavalry, ranger and special forces units this size are categorized as regiments or groups.

Division - 10,000 to 15,000 soldiers. Usually consisting of three brigade-sized elements and commanded by a major general, divisions are numbered and assigned missions based on their structures. The division performs major tactical operations for the corps and can conduct sustained battles and engagements.

Corps - 20,000 to 45,000 soldiers. Two to five divisions constitute a corps, which is typically commanded by a lieutenant general. As the deployable level of command required to synchronize and sustain combat operations, the corps provides the framework for multi-national operations.

I wonder how quickly we'll see a brigade become a division, or a corps.

Brigade - 3,000 to 5,000 solders. A brigade headquarters commands the tactical operation of two to five organic or attached combat battalions. Normally commanded by a colonel with a command sergeant major as senior NCO, brigades are employed on independent or semi-independent operations. Armored cavalry, ranger and special forces units this size are categorized as regiments or groups.

Division - 10,000 to 15,000 soldiers. Usually consisting of three brigade-sized elements and commanded by a major general, divisions are numbered and assigned missions based on their structures. The division performs major tactical operations for the corps and can conduct sustained battles and engagements.

Corps - 20,000 to 45,000 soldiers. Two to five divisions constitute a corps, which is typically commanded by a lieutenant general. As the deployable level of command required to synchronize and sustain combat operations, the corps provides the framework for multi-national operations.

These numbers are all low when you consider the support troops needed to round out the formations.

If you read the original post in the voice of the movie preview guy, imagine the sound of a record stopping at "with a twist," and change "Beginning" to "Coming to the theatres," this is all pretty funny. Trust me it works. Other than that, it's pretty scary.

Well, I didn't make that statement, but many have cataloged the steps to dictatorship. They've certainly poised themselves to suspend civil liberties, and the government does indeed have large detention camps in every state. Definitively? How should I know what evil lurks in their tiny dictatorial minds?

It honestly doesn't concern you that US combat troops are stationed for duty in the US? My best guess is they'll be on hand at the very least to quell dissent ... so much for free speech, the right to peaceably assemble, etc.

I just love that I am supposed to buy that Bush is the most incompetent idiot if all time and is also an evil genius who blew up WTC and hid it from everyone but guys on the internet, and is now planning to suspend democracy and become the Emporer of America.

Like I said, even if there are troops stationed here, I'll take my chances.

I just love that I am supposed to buy that Bush is the most incompetent idiot if all time and is also an evil genius who blew up WTC and hid it from everyone but guys on the internet, and is now planning to suspend democracy and become the Emporer of America.

Like I said, even if there are troops stationed here, I'll take my chances.

calm down

Well, I didn't make that statement, but many have cataloged the steps to dictatorship. They've certainly poised themselves to suspend civil liberties, and the government does indeed have large detention camps in every state. Definitively? How should I know what evil lurks in their tiny dictatorial minds?

It honestly doesn't concern you that US combat troops are stationed for duty in the US? My best guess is they'll be on hand at the very least to quell dissent ... so much for free speech, the right to peaceably assemble, etc.

an on-call federal response force for natural or manmade emergencies and disasters, including terrorist attacks.

honestly? no. i'm going to go with the angle that they've taken continued flack for lack of dedicated resources to allocate to assist in states of natural disaster...because they've been out in iraq. or, maybe, right or wrong, w/ the possbility of having to ship out to additional areas of concern outside of iraq, we're opening ourselves up for another attack on our soil.