US Combat Troops on Domestic Duty Oct 1

Cheney might see himself as Julius Caesar.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear god, I can't wait for the election.

George Bush is an idiot, and if I believed he was the one making any kind of major decision on his own I wouldn't be the least bit worried. It's the people pulling his strings that concern me. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but after witnessing the degradation of this country in the last 8 years and the amount of times the law has been sidestepped to meet the needs of our leaders, I really can't rule much of anything out at this point.

If, and that's a big If, they had some kind of ulterior motive to try and hang on to the presidency, I really hope the soldiers they think are going to willingly participate would see things clearly and refuse.

I get worried about this stuff too - but on the other hand, surely they wouldn't do anything until LOST is over

Word.

I know a couple guys in the military-both Army and Marines-who would not willingly be active participants in a coup against America's Constitution. Lets hope that feeling is prevalent throughout our military-I suspect it is.

Phew. I've been thinking that's our best hope.

[merged into a pre-existing thread on the same topic]

read it and weep, the entire financial crisis was created and now the almighty solution .. this is going to be a tuff year , peace be with you all

Brigade homeland tours start Oct. 1

3rd Infantry

As someone I work with said today - if there is going to be a new depression, people probably are not going to stand in line for soup, or ride around on boxcars this time, but rather raise some hell. If such a thing happens, then the government would need to be prepared to squash any sort of organized civilian uprising. This sort of thing makes me think of the the events leading up to The Postman.

As someone I work with said today - if there is going to be a new depression, people probably are not going to stand in line for soup, or ride around on boxcars this time, but rather raise some hell. If such a thing happens, then the government would need to be prepared to squash any sort of organized civilian uprising.

Oh man. I hadn't even thought of that. I have to admit that that makes a heck of a lot more sense than a coup by Bush. I still think it's unlikely, but now that money market funds have "broken the buck" you almost have to wonder what happens if you go to the ATM to withdraw cash and get an IOU instead. Not to get all doomsday or hyperbolic, but lots of things are happening in these markets that were once unthinkable.

Which 10% of the population is going to revolt? And if the dollar is worthless, how will the 90% still be able to buy shit? And what the fuck does "Continuity of govt" mean?

10% that understand they've been played and do not agree with the NAU.

The dollar is worthless- new currency, the amero, brings 'hope' buying power.

In the fall of 2002, the Continuity of Government Commission was launched to study and make recommendations for the continuity of our government institutions after a catastrophic attack. September 11th raised the possibility that foreign enemies might seriously disrupt the filling of vacancies in Congress, presidential succession, and achieving a quorum for the Court so much so that our basic institutions might not function in a normal constitutional manner.

Keep the Bushies in to allow the NAU.

I just love that I am supposed to buy that Bush is the most incompetent idiot if all time and is also an evil genius who blew up WTC and hid it from everyone but guys on the internet, and is now planning to suspend democracy and become the Emporer of America.

Like I said, even if there are troops stationed here, I'll take my chances.

I'm with you on this one. This is all a little too "children of men" for me. There's no possible way that anything remotely close to what is being suggested in this thread will ever go down.

And if it does, boy will my face be red.

Oh. Cool.

Yeah, I don't buy the conspiracies about Bush staying in office, creating a standing army to kill Black people and democrats and all that crap. Sorry.

No one said anything about blacks and dems. This goes way beyond that. Politics appears to be a smokescreen to the long term goal.

-resident wacko stoner

And if it does, boy will my face be red.

Reddened with the blood of formerly free Americans I think you meant to say.

WOLVERINES!!!

(Provided this does go down, would it be at all possible for me to shack up and live down the apocalypse with Julianne Moore?)

also, are we all forgetting about the other countries in the world...I think they may have something to say about all of this IF it happens...which I feel ridiculous even suggesting

But the tin-foiled cap wearers shouldn't be too worried, I mean, 2012's just around the corner

also, are we all forgetting about the other countries in the world...I think they may have something to say about all of this IF it happens...which I feel ridiculous even suggesting

But the tin-foiled cap wearers shouldn't be too worried, I mean, 2012's just around the corner

What about the other countries?

I wouldn

No one said anything about blacks and dems. This goes way beyond that. Politics appears to be a smokescreen to the long term goal.

-resident wacko stoner

Which is?

Like I said earlier, George Bush doesn't want to be in charge anymore. I bet he's regretting running in the first place. The last thing he wants is to be in charge for the rest of his life. He just wants to go watch baseball and drink beer.