Sleepytime In The Western World

Lady On The Water

Gold For Bread

Fire & Fast Bullets

Stolen Shoes & A Rifle

Saturday Nite

Echo/Always On/EZ Con

Love U

Ok, I was able to get past the first song, and I moved on to the rest of the album. I dont think the rest of the album is as good as that first song. Not that the rest of the album is bad, just that I think that first song may be just about perfect. Anyone else hearing My Back Pages in Furr?

Still Playing: BT/Furr

200px-SecretMachines.jpg

Given their personnel departures/changes, I wasn't expecting this to be as good as it is. And it is good.

i found it to be lacking any really great hooks honestly... some good riffs & drumming, but not the Secret Machines i fell in love with in 2001 at all :(

and the show i saw sans Ben Curtis 2 months ago was so bad/boring i had to leave 35 minutes in (they'd played 3.5 songs at that point)

Crooked Finger - Forfeit/Fortune.

Love it. Especially the backing vocals on What Never Comes. I don't think it's Lara Mekrinhausen (sp?) but it still sounds good.

there's 4-5 songs on there that are amazing, but a handful of hit or miss songs for me too... way way better than Dignity & Shame though!

the first track is total Bowie Heroes meets E Street band, love it. Cannibals is killer, as is the duet w/ Neko

i love dignity & shame! not a fan of the new one.

NP:

matthew ryan vs silver state.

other than Red Devil Dawn, D&S is my least fave Crooked Fingers album... the S/T is easily my fave, followed by Snakes and probably this new one

other than Red Devil Dawn, D&S is my least fave Crooked Fingers album... the S/T is easily my fave, followed by Snakes and probably this new one

I'd rank it pretty high in the cannon as well. I also really appreciate the 'experimental' songs on F/F. It sort of echos back to the Archers.

I'd rank it pretty high in the cannon as well. I also really appreciate the 'expiremental' songs on the F/F. It sort of echos back to the Archers.

it's weird... some of the spanish stuff on here i love (No Me Los Des, Sinisteria), but some of it is are among my least fave songs on the album (Phony Revolutions, Luisa's Bones)