Now Playing: October, 2008

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some good riffs & drumming

Isn't that what Secret Machines have always been about? Anyway, I was expecting the album to be a total disaster, and it's not. Granted lyrically it's full of manky and hollow syntax, but I find it sonically and texturally more interesting, even more menacing in places, than their old stuff.

and the show i saw sans Ben Curtis 2 months ago was so bad/boring i had to leave 35 minutes in (they'd played 3.5 songs at that point)

Ben's new band, School of Seven Bells, have an album out soon I believe. Be interesting to hear how that pans out, have only heard one track by them but they sounded altogether different but decent nonetheless.

Isn't that what Secret Machines have always been about? Anyway, I was expecting the album to be a total disaster, and it's not. Granted lyrically it's full of manky and hollow syntax, but I find it sonically and texturally more interesting, even more menacing in places, than their old stuff.

Ben's new band, School of Seven Bells, have an album out soon I believe. Be interesting to hear how that pans out, have only heard one track by them but they sounded altogether different but decent nonetheless.

right... but what made the first album so great (and way better than even the second) was the huge huge hooks too

i'm going to see School of Seven Bells next month, have yet to hear anything from 'em yet tho.

I haven't seen very positive reviews of this album. I think it's great.

Vic Chestnutt/Elf Power - Dark Developments

l77996rqzc4.jpg

I've only have 4 songs off of this record, but so far it's great. I just told my brother, who's a big Vic fan that it was great. I love both Vic and Elf Power. I am going to see them in February!

NP:

Neutral Milk Hotel - Unreleased Demos

Edit: I'll know more about Dark Developments in about 8 minutes!!!