Top Posters In This Topic

i42947ra4ma.jpgh22604g9eqg.jpg

g06278dz5c6.jpgf55103l1y2q.jpg

Love - Forever Changes

Prince - 3121

Brian Eno & John Cale - Wrong Way Up

Gram Parsons - GP/Grievous Angel

I can't get enough of Blitzen Trapper's "Furr."
me either. just got it the other day & i've listened to it about 5 times since then.
definitely my favorite album of the year currently...

I'm with you all on Blitzen Trapper's new one. Really liking it. I haven't heard any of their previous. Is it in the same ballpark?

rodney crowell - sex & gasoline

this is so good. always had a passing interest in crowell but i might have to check out more

Glad you checked it out and like it. Has a bit of a Love & Theft feel to it. I'm a sucker for those Heartworn Highways alums:

Guy Clark

Townes Van Zandt

Steve Earle

Rodney Crowell

David Allan Coe

Steve Young

rodney crowell - sex & gasoline

this is so good. always had a passing interest in crowell but i might have to check out more

I highly recommend his last few records: "Fate's Right Hand," "The Houston Kid," and "The Outsider." All excellent Crowell records. He seems to be getting better with age.

NP:

514CXCQBZ9L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I'm with you all on Blitzen Trapper's new one. Really liking it.

I never get a release earlier enough to do this, but "I told you so"... hah... fun!

61gYoKmeLZL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

It's still in my rotation, but Jenny's lyrics are really clunky - good line, then sloppy/clunky/lazy line... I think it suffers.

I'm with you all on Blitzen Trapper's new one. Really liking it. I haven't heard any of their previous. Is it in the same ballpark?

Wild Mountain Nation was up there on my list last year, but not top 10 if i recall... more like top 20-25

the songwriting on this one is just WAY WAY stronger and the album as a whole is way more consistant.

Pitchfork gave WMN an 8.5, if i was to agree with that (which i probably wouldn't, closer to a high 7), that would make Furr like a 9.1 for me.

their earlier 2 albums are pretty good too, but this is easily their best album to date.