The Almost-Official NHL 2008-09 Season Thread

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OvechkinPolitics.jpg

70 goals this year?

I like the Caps chances- it's all about Theodore finding his place and continued improvement on the forecheck and penalty kill, IMO. Very excited for this year- the young talent should really bloom in D.C.

The Caps are a great team, and they'll be in the next tare of Eastern Conference staples. The future of the league: Eastern Conference: Penguins, Capitals, Flyers, Bruins. Western Conference: Wild (?!), Blackhawks, Stars, Canucks

Why do you say the Wild? They're going to lose Gaborik. Apparently he turned down 10 years, 80 mill.

Anyways, I'm excited to see the tribute to Luc Bourdon tonight. Apparently it'll be streamed on the Canucks website too, for those interested in watching.

Oh man, we got that here too. Def Leppard? Reaaalllyyy? Did anyone see when he put the Stanley Cup down, upside down??

Glad to see the Avs lose.

Oh man, we got that here too. Def Leppard? Reaaalllyyy? Did anyone see when he put the Stanley Cup down, upside down??

Glad to see the Avs lose.

The Canucks looked fantastic! You must be pumped.

Rangers 3-0 for the first time since the 1692-93 season.

Rangers 4-0 for the first time since 1610-11!

I'm shattered at losing Erik Johnson for the year without him even lacing on a boot, but hoping to see a good years development from the St Louis youngsters (Perron, Berglund and Oshie in particular) and would like to see Pietrangelo stick for the year if he seems to be coping with the schedule.

I'm shattered at losing Erik Johnson for the year without him even lacing on a boot, but hoping to see a good years development from the St Louis youngsters (Perron, Berglund and Oshie in particular) and would like to see Pietrangelo stick for the year if he seems to be coping with the schedule.

Yeah that was devastating for the Blues to lose Johnson so early :(

Canucks beat the Flames, AGAIN. Came back from being behind 3-1 and won it in overtime.

I am really excited about the speed and youth the Rangers now display.

Knew this had to be a response in the NHL thread.

Using the phrase "Really excited" about any aspect of the TEXAS Rangers would get you get you confined for Phsyciatric observation.

Guest Da Dogg

Buffalo has a pretty young and fast team, do they not?

I myself am partial to Detroit, because that is where I am from.

I think the Wings can do it again this year they are 1-1.

Buffalo has a pretty young and fast team, do they not?

I myself am partial to Detroit, because that is where I am from.

I think the Wings can do it again this year they are 1-1.

Hey...didn't you get the memo?

You are only here to irritate people on the politics thread and are being ignored.

Guest Da Dogg
Hey...didn't you get the memo?

You are only here to irritate people on the politics thread and are being ignored.

No.. but I love that part in Batman Begins... when the dude gets fired by not getting the memo.

Where does your name come from?

Black Crowes perhaps?

What? Politics? Black Crows? Texas Rangers? Memos?! This thread is for the greatest sports league known to man, the NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE! Jeeze!

Also, there is some question as to whether defibrillators at the arena were in good working order.

Oy.