I feel sick to my stomach. I thought it was over with that tipped pass. And then terrible coverage on that last play. Curtis Brown clearly has underneath responsibility with the safety coming over the top from the inside and he just overruns the play.

I thought we had it won.

Oh well, now it's time to win the rest and pray along with all the other 1-loss teams in the country. I just don't see Penn State losing.

I think you have some good chances.

These are roughly where I see the top rankings being after this week. (maybe switch Texas and Florida)

1. Alabama

2. Penn State

3. Texas Tech

4. Texas

5. Florida

6. Oklahoma

7. USC

I'm pretty sure Texas Tech won't make it through both Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, so they'll get bumped down. Alabama has to go through LSU and probably Florida. (Florida has to get through Florida State and probably Alabama.)

At any rate, Texas still has plenty of chances I think.

My Trojans, on the other hand, can only hope for a giant clusterfuck in both the Big 12 and SEC (most importantly, missouri winning the big 12).

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight begins what looks to be another wacky November. Penn State plays in the worst major conference in football. I see them finishing an undefeated #1. Alabama will lose to either LSU or Florida, but I'd love it if they didn't. Texas Tech has a tough road, as was mentioned. I hate to say it, but I think it might be hard for Florida, the way they are playing, not to get a crack at the title.

Great game tonight, by the way. Easier for me to enjoy than a Texas fan, obviously, but it was pretty all over the place and down to the wire. Crabtree doesn't get tackled.

I was sitting in a bar in Central Indiana and the TX/Tech game was on. Obviously there are some Tech fans around here (Knight) but when Tech scored at the end the whole place went nuts like it was a Colts game or something. Unreal.

I think you have some good chances.

These are roughly where I see the top rankings being after this week. (maybe switch Texas and Florida)

1. Alabama

2. Penn State

3. Texas Tech

4. Texas

5. Florida

6. Oklahoma

7. USC

I'm pretty sure Texas Tech won't make it through both Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, so they'll get bumped down. Alabama has to go through LSU and probably Florida. (Florida has to get through Florida State and probably Alabama.)

At any rate, Texas still has plenty of chances I think.

My Trojans, on the other hand, can only hope for a giant clusterfuck in both the Big 12 and SEC (most importantly, missouri winning the big 12).

I could unfortunately see Florida moving up to 4. I would hope that Texas would only go to 5 and stay ahead of OU, but will voters be able to move OU down 2 spots after destroying Nebraska? I think they should, but you never know.

The problem is that if there is a true three-way tie at 7-1 for the South champion, it will come down to BCS ranking, which is why it is important to stay ahead of OU.

Hopefully, Tech loses its next 2 to OU and OSU, and we win out, but I really don't see us making our way into the title game. Penn State won't lose and they'll get in and then get destroyed by whichever team makes it in from the SEC (which I would bet on Florida at this point). I think the Big 12 is going to cannibalize itself.

Unfortunately, I think that honor goes to the Pac 10 this year.

It actually depends on whether you consider the ACC a major conference.

Tonight begins what looks to be another wacky November. Penn State plays in the worst major conference in football. I see them finishing an undefeated #1. Alabama will lose to either LSU or Florida, but I'd love it if they didn't. Texas Tech has a tough road, as was mentioned. I hate to say it, but I think it might be hard for Florida, the way they are playing, not to get a crack at the title.

Great game tonight, by the way. Easier for me to enjoy than a Texas fan, obviously, but it was pretty all over the place and down to the wire. Crabtree doesn't get tackled.

It's one of those games that makes you wish you were a neutral observer. Absolute great game, but being on the losing end just takes all the air out. Especially after coming so close with that dropped interception the play before the TD. I just feel so deflated right now.

Thats pretty much what I expected, and I'm ok with Texas Tech jumping over Penn State.

Beyond winning the rest of their games, here's USC's only mildly plausible path to the title game, as I see it:

1. Florida State beats Florida

2. Florida beats Alabama in the SEC title game

3. Texas Tech loses to Oklahoma or Oklahoma state

4. Missouri wins the Big 12 title

5. Oregon State loses a game in Pac 10 play

If all that happens (:lol) ...maybe we can squeak in.

Interesting fact: if Michigan State and Oregon State both win out, they'll win their respective conferences and play in the Rose Bowl. Michigan State would win tiebreakers against Ohio State and Penn State because they didn't schedule any FCS opponents.

Thats pretty much what I expected, and I'm ok with Texas Tech jumping over Penn State.

Beyond winning the rest of their games, here's USC's only mildly plausible path to the title game, as I see it:

1. Florida State beats Florida

2. Florida beats Alabama in the SEC title game

3. Texas Tech loses to Oklahoma or Oklahoma state

4. Missouri wins the Big 12 title

5. Oregon State loses a game in Pac 10 play

If all that happens (:lol) ...maybe we can squeak in.

Interesting fact: if Michigan State and Oregon State both win out, they'll win their respective conferences and play in the Rose Bowl. Michigan State would win tiebreakers against Ohio State and Penn State because they didn't schedule any FCS opponents.

Stranger things have happened.

At a certain point, though, all these different permutations just give me tired head. And I just get back to the fact that all Texas can do at this point (or any other team, for that matter) is just win the rest of its games and see what happens.

That was pretty good, but that game is getting too ugly to watch. Bye week here in Columbus isn't too bad. Maybe Pryor will discover his latent passing game?

It has come to my attention that Michigan has nothing left to play for this season except beating OSU, so I expect a better than usual game out of them. Hey, at least they scored some touchdowns on Purdue. :hmm

Hopefully Pryor spent his week off recruiting a new offensive coordinator...

It has come to my attention that Michigan has nothing left to play for this season except beating OSU, so I expect a better than usual game out of them. Hey, at least they scored some touchdowns on Purdue. :hmm

Hopefully Pryor spent his week off recruiting a new offensive coordinator...

I wasn't going to bring this up, but since Michigan is ending a lot of historic streaks this season, they probably should end the 4 year losing streak to tUoOS. Since it is now November and my beloved Wolverines do not have much to play for the rest of this season, I guess it is not premature to break out the Go Blue!!! Beat the Bucks!!!

boandwoody.jpg

And let's keep the Jug: Go Blue!!! Beat Goldy!!!

Fat Phil resigns.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3679810

Phillip Fulmer, who a decade ago brought Tennessee its first national championship in 47 years, will not return as the Volunteers' coach next year, multiple sources told ESPN.com.

An announcement is being planned for later Monday at Neyland Stadium. The Vols (3-6, 1-5 SEC) have lost four straight games and are in danger of suffering their second losing season in the last four years.

Fulmer, who has won 150 games at his alma mater and is the dean of SEC coaches, met with Tennessee officials Monday morning, and they reached a mutual agreement that it would be best for all parties if Fulmer was not back next season.

The sides also agreed that Fulmer would coach the remainder of the 2008 season.

There had been increasing scrutiny on Fulmer, who took over full time as head coach in 1993 and has been at his alma mater as a player, assistant coach and head coach for more than 30 years.

The Vols won the national title in 1998 and were one of the top programs in all of college football in the 1990s, but the program hasn't been the same this decade. They've lost 31 games since the end of the 2001 season.

Chris Low covers the SEC for ESPN.com.

I wasn't going to bring this up, but since Michigan is ending a lot of historic streaks this season, they probably should end the 4 year losing streak to tUoOS.

The old saying goes (at least in Columbus) that any season is a good season as long as the Bucks beat Michigan. I guess we'll find out if the reverse is true for UM fans. :wave

HOT JOBS, COOL CAREERS

The Krispy Kreme story continues, and you can be a part of this amazing tale by joining the

hottest team in the industry.

Being a Krispy Kreme Colleague:

Becoming a Colleague at Krispy Kreme is not just a gratifying career choice. Once you wear the

signature ball cap and khakis you instantly become part of an amazing family with 70 years of

history. We believe starting your career at Krispy Kreme builds an incredible platform of

possibilities. Krispy Kreme offers sweet opportunities in a team-centered environment that

encourages both professional and personal growth. Some of our Colleagues have been with Krispy

Kreme for more than 30 years. And, as Krispy Kreme continues to grow, we must continue to find

talented professionals to support that growth. Krispy Kreme, the brand, the product, and the

experience are a phenomenon in our industry, and we invite you to be part of the wonder.

The Krispy Kreme brand is truly legendary. Just mentioning the name to people can evoke a story

about their first Krispy Kreme experience. I have never seen anything like it, because there is

nothing like it,

The old saying goes (at least in Columbus) that any season is a good season as long as the Bucks beat Michigan. I guess we'll find out if the reverse is true for UM fans. :wave

I have always said that Michigan could go 1-whatever as long as the one was against Ohio State and it would be a good year. Unfortunately this season is too damn close to testing that theory. :cheers

I have always said that Michigan could go 1-whatever as long as the one was against Ohio State and it would be a good year. Unfortunately this season is too damn close to testing that theory. :cheers

Good luck. I hope to never have to test that theory.

Although recent seasons have tested other areas--such as 2006, where an otherwise spectacular season quickly become "The year that has been expunged from our collective memory for the sake of our emotional wellbeing."