Congrats to President-Elect OBAMA

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the gracious John McCain I wish I had seen in the last few months.

See, I don't have the teevee on, so I missed the concession speech. Great, now my last impression of him from this campaign is going to be the "Double Maverick" routine. :lol

See, I don't have the teevee on, so I missed the concession speech. Great, now my last impression of him from this campaign is going to be the "Double Maverick" routine. :lol

you should try to find it. It was the most uplifting concession speech I've ever heard.

From Salon.com's live-blogging:

David Talbot (11:15 p.m. EST): The Bernal Heights neighborhood of San Francisco has erupted with wild cheers' date=' blasting car horns, firecrackers. A racially mixed crowd has poured into the streets, including my teenage sons, Joe and Nat, and their white and black friends. Someone is blaring Sam Cooke's "A Change is Gonna Come" out the window of their house. A change HAS come, America. It's all of our country again. Over and out. I'm joining the crowds.[/quote']

I wish I could be in S.F. tonight. :wub

Indiana and North Carolina are killing me. I think they've started counting slower, just to fuck with us.

Yahoo is showing Obama with slim leads in both states, with 96% counted in Indiana and 95% counted in N.C.

Cynical bastard that I am, I hope Obama realizes I'll set to work bitching about him pretty quickly once he's in office--but for tonight I'm a big, big fan. Wow.

I do not think you will be the only one.

Good bye to the old boss. Hello to the new boss. Hey is that the old boss, but just in a photo negative?

Don't think they've called NC yet but Elizabeth Dole got trounced!

He's ahead in BOTH, though they are too close still. MO is still not called either.

I wonder if McCain will ever admit that she was a major weakness.

I thought that if he was set on picking a woman, he should have picked Elizabeth Dole, although if she's being tuned up in NC, maybe she wasn't such a good choice either, but I always liked her more than her wackjob husband.

I do not think you will be the only one.

Good bye to the old boss. Hello to the new boss. Hey is that the old boss, but just in a photo negative?

Eh, maybe. In any case, yeah, he's in for a barrage of criticism from all sides once he starts to actually govern, but that's the job he applied for. I think you'd have to be at least a little bit insane to want it, but he's shown great poise under fire so far. I think he'll do ok.

I thought that if he was set on picking a woman, he should have picked Elizabeth Dole, although if she's being tuned up in NC, maybe she wasn't such a good choice either, but I always liked her more than her wackjob husband.

From what I hear, the major problem with her was that she just didn't do her job. I heard on CNN that she was something like 93rd in constituent approval out of all senators.

I got really pissed at a friend of mine the other day. When he found out I wasn't voting for McCain he says "i thought you of all people would love having a woman VP." grrrrrrr.....