Congrats to President-Elect OBAMA

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, looking at the CNN map is killing me. I can't believe he has turned parts of the center of the country. It's just staggering.

The only state that truly surprises me so far is Virginia, although not even really that one. NoVa now officially outweighs the "real" part of the state, which is interesting. And you can add NC and Indiana to the "wow" list if he squeaks those out.

The stuff in the "middle"? Eh, the rust belt and upper midwest has a pretty strong Democratic pull. A lot of those state can swing either way, depending on the election--if Indiana flips blue I will be amazed to see the unity with which they went blue this time.

The only state that truly surprises me so far is Virginia, although not even really that one. NoVa now officially outweighs the "real" part of the state, which is interesting. And you can add NC and Indiana to the "wow" list if he squeaks those out.

Never underestimate the power of the bobblehead. Two Red Sox World Series and Virginia voting Dem. You're welcome. I will also take credit for NC if that goes blue too, because that's where all my inlaws are and clearly I was able to convince them.

What happened with that terrible same sex marriage thing in California? Was that defeated, I hope?

Last I checked, the damned thing was passing, if you can believe that....by 55% to 45%. I'm going to be ill if it passes. Pure prejudice.

It's early yet, so I'm still hopeful.

I guess I should have been more clear...by "middle" I mean southern middle, like non coastal. CO and NM.....

Come on, Mr. President, I'm tired and I want to hear you speak! :party

Wow, look at the crowd in front of the White House! I've got chills, this is incredible.

YES WE CAN! Thanks to everyone who's worked for this thing.

I had to go to my buddy Mike's (the cat who worked with me here) house for a celebratory beer. Needless to say, I'm totally stoked right now. AND we're up 8K with 97% in! Fingers crossed!

Tonight, we party. Tomorrow, the work truly begins. We can make this place right again. We CAN.

I voted for Obama, but I have to ask, why in the hell won't the AP call Georgia for McCain with nearly a 500,000 vote lead and 93% of the precincts in? He's had that lead for most of the night and they won't do it.

That, and the networks rushing to call states for Obama with 3% or less of the results in, are utterly ridiculous.

Yahoo (Reporting AP)

I voted for Obama, but I have to ask, why in the hell won't the AP call Georgia for McCain with nearly a 500,000 vote lead and 93% of the precincts in? He's had that lead for most of the night and they won't do it.

Yahoo (Reporting AP)

I was just about to post the same thing. It looks like Atlanta's vote is mostly in. I don't see where he can make up a huge gap with only 7% left.

That was really something. How can that not move you. We are all in this together.