So, where will you be watching the results come in?

Some friends of mine invited a bunch of people over to their house, then followed up with this e-mail:

dear friends,

just so that there is no wailing nor gnashing of teeth next tuesday, our residence does not have cable TV.

in fact, as of today, we don't even have an antenna. but that will all be taken care of in due time.

so we will be providing Broadcast TV stations (i hear that KICU, channel 36 from San Jose, will have exemplary election coverage), or possibly Cable if i can get a cable to go over & into the neighbor's house.

all this will be tested this weekend. if there are technical problems, i will let you know & all y'all can go to the Independent for the election night coverage.

[then a bunch of stuff about how the election night pool will be run, and then...]

the reason for not having cable is summarized here:

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/01/26...ot-having-a-tv/

:lol Dudes. Seriously? (Actually, I talked to them Sunday night, they've run a cable from the neighbor's house, through their mail slot. Still though, I can't chance that set-up!)

I'll be watching with the kids at my sister's house. We do this for every election, the kids get really excited about it, and it'd be nice for them to see a win for "our" side, for once. :pray

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to have a get together with folks, but I don't know...I just might have to sweat it out by myself with a bottle of tequila.

I'd like to have a get together with folks, but I don't know...I just might have to sweat it out by myself with a bottle of tequila.

We have a friend who has to watch the Super Bowl by himself. So he can "concentrate". :huh

I will go to bed, thinking it'll be easier to just wake up in the morning and see the results. But then, around midnight, after being unable to fall asleep, I'll sneak out to the computer to catch up on the news. Then I'll probably find myself locked in the den flipping the channels.

When I see a concession speech happening, I'll go back to bed, either very happy or extremely upset.

Here at the helm. Election night is like prom night, the Super Bowl and the Day of the Dead all wrapped up into one at newspapers. All hands on deck. England expects every man and woman will do his or her duty.

I posted this elsewhere, but we are having a small get together. Here is our invitation:

Join us for a small election night dinner as we watch the election results roll in. We will be grilling Brats Obama served with a side of Liberal Elite Arugula Salad. Bring the beverage of your choice and we will have champagne if the news is good; whiskey and Canadian immigration information if the news is bad.

am going to my friends' place down on the potomac river. we're having chili, hot dogs, and blueberry cheesecake, wearing blue and watching the returns until the bitter end. i will likely be very late for work tomorrow. :)

Here at the helm. Election night is like prom night, the Super Bowl and the Day of the Dead all wrapped up into one at newspapers. All hands on deck. England expects every man and woman will do his or her duty.
Plain Dealer newsroom.

We appreciate your efforts, guys. :thumbup Thanks for doing all the legwork, so the rest of us can sit back and soak it all in.

:thumbup that's always been my approach, but I only break out the booze if things go south.

We appreciate your efforts, guys. :thumbup Thanks for doing all the legwork, so the rest of us can sit back and soak it all in.

Yes! You guys are the best.

Bjorn. In the newsroom. With a bottle of whiskey.

OK - I'm gonna fire up teh grill in November! Obama dogs and Biden burgers. Come on over peeps!