MLB 2008-09 Hot Stove II

Do you really hold it against him for lying when nothing was at stake? If you cheated on a girlfriend and they asked with no evidence whether you did, would you say "yes". Very few people would. Arod is a human, as much as we like to put athletes up on another level, they are humans and are subject to the same weaknesses we all have. That's why I'm not quick to crucify any of them.

Depends on if you "cheated" by kissing her or "cheated" by nailing her. There are varying degrees of cheating....

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the greenies question still hangs over this entire discussion.

I've read (don't have a link presently) that using greenies eventually wear a player down. It';s speed. It's used to pep a guy up. I don't see how it makes a player stronger or alters the body to be super-human in any way. I'm not condoning them, but there is a pretty big distinction betweem the two, as far as I can tell (which is limited on greenies).

I've read (don't have a link presently) that using greenies eventually wear a player down. It';s speed. It's used to pep a guy up. I don't see how it makes a player stronger or alters the body to be super-human in any way. I'm not condoning them, but there is a pretty big distinction betweem the two, as far as I can tell (which is limited on greenies).

Well, it all depends on the degree to which you are using them, I would think. But I could definitely see how, during August and September, they could help a lot.

anyone have suggestions for roy candidates?

David Price still qualifies, doesn't he? If so, him or Wieters in the AL.

Hopefully Maybin in the NL. If his skills round in to form this year, he'll be a force.

Hey Brad!

Yeah, Bud can go. 17M!?! WTF?

Seems like an awful lot of money. Turns out to be a little over a half-million per club. MLB revenue has also increased to over 6 billion/year from 1 billion/year when he took office. I'm not saying it's solely his doing but can understand his payscale in the long run.

Still, doesn't seem merited.

Yeah, if I had to make my pick right now, I'd go with Wieters and Maybin. Wieters is going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Baseball Prospectus is ridiculously high on Wieters, projecting him for 19 homers and 63 rbi over 400 PA with a .310/.400/.540 line, which would probably make him one of the 3 best catchers in the league.

They aren't as high on Maybin, but they still project a .270/.350/.430 line with 13 homers and 18 steals, which with his defense could make him enormously valuable right away.

not sure how that relates to his (allegedly) developing aids even if true.

Did you read the article? It's part of the case; that's where she says he got it from. I found it shocking and not completely believable, thus the WTF.

Makes no sense for them, the one thing they don't need is another outfielder or 1B. Dunn, Young, Johnson, Milledge, Dukes, Patterson, Willingham, Wily Mo Pena, and Austin Kearns, Most teams only carry 12-13 hitters, and they've got 9-10 between just OF and 1B, with most of them already under contract.