MLB 2008-09 Hot Stove II

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry. 25 is not young.

If I would have had to take a drug test at age 25 you would have found stems and roaches floating in my pee.

This is not a defense of A-Rod, just saying 25 is pretty young, and may shed a little light on this.

Damnit, I broke my own steroid ban :pirate

I'm sorry. 25 is not young.

Right?! When you're young and stupid you drink whiskey, smoke too much pot and shit yer pants 'cause the two don't mix well. Its usually with your cousin though.

If I would have had to take a drug test at age 25 you would have found stems and roaches floating in my pee.

This is not a defense of A-Rod, just saying 25 is pretty young, and may shed a little light on this.

Damnit, I broke my own steroid ban :pirate

No way. If you are man enough to sign a 10yr contract to make $250M, and you are man enough to mold your image, and present yourself as a businessman, you are man enough to know what you are doing. Give me a break with this "I was young" crap. 25 is not 18.

I thought all he did was Tic-Tacs.

Griffey will platoon in left with Diaz. They have a young center fielder that's out of options and can also steal bases. But Griffey/Diaz should be good. Diaz is really good against lefties and Griffey is still good against righties. Plus Griffey was basically playing injured last year and has since had surgery so who knows. He hit 30 HR's in 2007. I'd be happy with similar production. That's more than the entire Braves outfield hit last year.

Be better at what you do?

Fine. No argument. Then say that. Dont get up there and ask us to believe that you really had no idea what you were doing. That you injected something into your ass over 100 times that you had to get from the DR because it's illegal in the US and you had no idea if it worked or not.

Why come clean if you aren't going to come clean?

EDIT: these are all rhetorical questions -- ARod doesnt have to answer to me. But if he thinks I believe him, he's wrong.

I think Alex was driven by insecurity, and a fear of falling behind other players. Oh, and the millions. I am not really sure what I would do if someone were to present me with a drug which would increase my earning potential as a reporter by three times or more. Probably take it and hope the side-effects were not as bad as advertised.

I think Alex was driven by insecurity, and a fear of falling behind other players. Oh, and the millions. I am not really sure what I would do if someone were to present me with a drug which would increase my earning potential as a reporter by three times or more. Probably take it and hope the side-effects were not as bad as advertised.

If he said this, I think everyone would move on. Honestly.

EDIT: these are all rhetorical questions -- ARod doesnt have to answer to me. But if he thinks I believe him, he's wrong.

but god has given A-rod a voice that people should hear...or whatever...

If he said this, I think everyone would move on. Honestly.

I know! But he has chosen the death-by-small-cuts route.