more tweedy solo shows NE

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not complaining because I did get tickets for The Calvin..........But, it seems people who logged in later did get better seats......Could it be that the tickets from the 9:30 pre-sale had not been sold out and they waited to put the 10:00 pre-sale tickets up after that happened? Or might the number of tickets requested have an affect on what tickets one gets?......I am sure a few who logged in after 10 still haven't gotten any.......

I'm not complaining because I did get tickets for The Calvin..........But, it seems people who logged in later did get better seats......Could it be that the tickets from the 9:30 pre-sale had not been sold out and they waited to put the 10:00 pre-sale tickets up after that happened? Or might the number of tickets requested have an affect on what tickets one gets?......I am sure a few who logged in after 10 still haven't gotten any.......

There are different allotments of tickets for each sale. The Music Today presale was given a certain amount of specific seats to sell. The Calvin Theater presale doesn't close, it just gives mailing list subscribers the opportunity to buy tickets before the general sale is activated on Friday. I can still go in right now and buy tickets using the link the Calvin emailed me and choose from any of the seats that are left in the theater. The only ones I couldn't have chosen using the Calvin link are the ones that were reserved for the Music Today presale. They were never available to me. As for the people getting better seats the later they logged in through Music Today, what generally happens is there is a flood of people checking just to see if they get in at 10, and then some of them decide not to buy the tickets that were reserved for them. It takes time for those tickets to be rereleased back into the pool of available seats, which is why you can pull better seats at a later time.

It's all terribly confusing, but does that make sense?

There are different allotments of tickets for each sale. The Music Today presale was given a certain amount of specific seats to sell. The Calvin Theater presale doesn't close, it just gives mailing list subscribers the opportunity to buy tickets before the general sale is activated on Friday. I can still go in right now and buy tickets using the link the Calvin emailed me and choose from any of the seats that are left in the theater. The only ones I couldn't have chosen using the Calvin link are the ones that were reserved for the Music Today presale. They were never available to me. As for the people getting better seats the later they logged in through Music Today, what generally happens is there is a flood of people checking just to see if they get in at 10, and then some of them decide not to buy the tickets that were reserved for them. It takes time for those tickets to be rereleased back into the pool of available seats, which is why you can pull better seats at a later time.

It's all terribly confusing, but does that make sense?

It makes sense to a point.......If I logged in at 10 and had access to the double letter rows AA-GG I don't think I would have logged off without buying them.....But you think that's what people do?......Kind of strange.....Why bother logging in in the first place?

I just got my email about the Calvin presale now :lol

It surprises me that they don't limit the number of tickets they allow for their presale. Technically, couldn't a show sell out before it even goes on sale to the public? I don't see that happening, but it looks like most of the good seats are already gone.

I just got my email about the Calvin presale now :lol

It surprises me that they don't limit the number of tickets they allow for their presale. Technically, couldn't a show sell out before it even goes on sale to the public? I don't see that happening, but it looks like most of the good seats are already gone.

Yes, it is very weird. All I know is, when I got the email at 9:35 this morning I had a choice of just about anything besides the first 4 rows and some of the seats in the middle floor, which were the ones I'm seeing people getting through the Music Today presale.

I didn't know they had a row HH......Here's floor map......Maybe the rows are lettered differently than the chart.....

http://www.iheg.com/calvinfloor.html

Exactly what I was thinking when I ordered them, does anyone have experience with Calvin? I'm hoping by HH they just mean H, cause according to the floor plan there is no HH orchestra. That would be glorious, either way I got tix :thumbup

Exactly what I was thinking when I ordered them, does anyone have experience with Calvin? I'm hoping by HH they just mean H, cause according to the floor plan there is no HH orchestra. That would be glorious, either way I got tix :thumbup

If your confirmation says HH I would drop them an email or give the box office a call to find out.

When I ordered directly from the box office, the chart they had you pick from had HH. I wouldn't worry, it just looked cut off from that link that was posted.

IT IS!!!!! I want it I want it I want it. How do I get it? I'm in the dark ages when it comes to technology, is it on that owl and frog (??) site I can never access.

That little shout out inspired my JT autograph on Adult Head "You Suck :) , Jeff tweedy" -- which I will treasure forever!

I have almost the exact same pitcture with the disemodied hand -- except it's me in it. And I look like a absolute lunatic. I was the one who barged on on the fans who actually won a chance to meet him. A little forward, I know, but there was no way I was missing out on a chance to meet him.

Love the Lost references, too. How about this week? It's going to be a great season - still dying to know who The Others really are.

I think Glenn's opening in '05 was INCREDIBLE!!! I had never heard anything like that before. I used to play just his part of the show very quietly for my girls to fall asleep to. It worked liked a charm and was a nice way for me to settle down at night after a long day.

Now if I could only find it...*sigh*