Mikael and Pronto

'All Is Golden' for Wilco's Mikael Jorgensen

Written by Mike Greenhaus

Friday, 30 January 2009

While Wilco works on its latest CD, longtime keyboardist Mikael Jorgensen has prepared the latest album for his band Pronto. Scheduled to hit scores on March 10, All Is Golden is described as

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's very cool and very exciting. it is a great album and has a bit of a harry nilson feel to it.

I saw Mike do a solo set of Pronto tunes a couple of weeks ago. (And took a few blurry pictures.) I know some other people around here have seen him with (an incarnation of) the whole band. I like the record a lot, and would recommend picking it up in March.

How do you already have a copy?

Guest Hollinger.

Perhaps someone who has looked forward to this for a long time will look in his inbox in a little while and be pleasantly surprised to hear from one of you. Perhaps.

• 3 weeks later...

They're doing a small northeast tour right before their dates opening for Jeff:

Thu 03/19/09 New York, NY Mercury Lounge

Fri 03/20/09 Philadelphia, PA North Star Bar

Sat 03/21/09 Arlington, VA IOTA Club & Cafe

Sun 03/22/09 Cambridge, MA Middle East Upstairs

Wed 03/25/09 Hoboken, NJ Maxwell's

I'm giving the album a first listen right now and am really enjoying it. I'm already thinking about what a great sunny spring afternoon disc this is going to be.

It should be said that opening for Pronto at the Mercury Lounge show on 3/19 is Puss 'n' Boots (a/k/a Norah Jones, Catherine Popper and Sasha Dobson). Probably a good chance they'll do "Jesus, etc.," I would think. Should be a fun night! :thumbup

Unfortunately I think that show is sold out. But definitely check out Pronto at Maxwell's, and elsewhere!

As it happens I'm interviewing Mikael today about Pronto and will be throwing in some Wilco questions as well. If anyone would like me to consider posing a question to him, go ahead and enter it here and I'll try and fit it in.

Thanks!