Just who the hell is Adele?

I may not be up on my current flavor of the moment artists...but who the hell is Adele and why is she winning the Best new artist grammy?

And why should I care?

I thought she was your ex-girlfriend.

nah...

My ex-girlfriends are pushing 50 now

nah...

My ex-girlfriends are pushing 50 now

Mine too!

Nothin wrong with that, though - some of 'em are still smokin'.

i saw Adele a few weeks ago here, she put on a really great show. album is a little on the dull side, but she def has a great voice no doubt. did 2 great Dylan covers and an awesome Sam Cooke one.

So...She's the Norah Jones of 2009? Guess she will become a footnote in a couple of years.

She's got a voice. Whether she's able to parlay it into a sustained career remains to be seen.

I hear that "Chasing Pavements" song pretty often. Not bad, really. She writes nearly all of her own stuff.

I don't really know anything about Norah Jones. I just happened to run across Adele's videos on Youtube one day and found that song. I think she has talent.

I still remember Norah as the one who "stole" all of Bruce's Grammys that year.... I actually thought about that when I saw Adele.

:lol

i like a few songs on her record, but she's SO annoying live, and is a total American Idol style performer (she got her start on Welsh Idol i guess). i didn't choose to see her live, just caught a few songs @ Lolla on the way to see Black Keys and damn her wavery baby voice was killing my ears

I only know a couple of her songs, but what I've heard sounds okay. She has a solid foot in the past with the soul/blues influences which is great in my books. The potential is definitely there assuming good songs come her way in the future.

p.s. Isn't the best new artist award like the kiss of death? Past winners often ended up residing in the where-are-they-now file faster than a shoe flying at George W.'s head.

i saw Adele a few weeks ago here, she put on a really great show. album is a little on the dull side, but she def has a great voice no doubt. did 2 great Dylan covers and an awesome Sam Cooke one.

Which Dylan covers?

just glad she got these awards instead of Duffy (who sadly still won one)

Hilliary Duff? WTF! She still makes "music"? All I know is that the chick looks nothing like herself anymore yet claims to have never gone under the knife. What's a Duffy? Is she going thru what Diddy went thru now? Puff Daddy or P Diddy..or whatever he was called? What were all his names again?

Disney does pop out some major stars though. Just hope Miley doesn't go crazy like Lindsey did. Pop music from disney stars just doesn't do it for me.

Hilliary Duff? WTF! She still makes "music"? All I know is that the chick looks nothing like herself anymore yet claims to have never gone under the knife. What's a Duffy? Is she going thru what Diddy went thru now? Puff Daddy or P Diddy..or whatever he was called? What were all his names again?

Disney does pop out some major stars though. Just hope Miley doesn't go crazy like Lindsey did. Pop music from disney stars just doesn't do it for me.

DUFFY.

DUFFY.

not Hillary Duff

For some strange reason...Ithink you may be serious.

Even I have heard of Duffy. Which is why I was asking about Adele.

No, I hve no clue who Duffy is. Does that make me weird or something? Is she a product of Disney?

You've heard of Adele but you've never heard of Duffy?

How the heck do I know who Duffy is? Seriously.

I don't understand the flavor of the month thing anymore. I'm sure we've BOTH EVERYBODY has heard of the Jonas Brothers...why didn't they win?

I just watched the grammies because I was tired of the Food Network and The NFL Channel.