Joaquin Phoenix - Wha?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So his lunacy is a running gag?

Is anyone close to Phoenix expressing any real concern? Has his publicist made the obligatory PR statement regarding his Letterman appearance?

No.

That doesn't seem odd to you?

Entertainment isn't real?

Real as in not an act. You know what I mean.

He wants people to think its really him and he's gone nuts and thats the act. Its funny to see people believe it and its funny to see him act that way. He is no where near Any Kaufman levels, but I find it fun what he is doing. I think he should never let it known that this is an act, that would be better.

Is anyone close to Phoenix expressing any real concern? Has his publicist made the obligatory PR statement regarding his Letterman appearance?

No.

That doesn't seem odd to you?

Hey brother, I'm just looking for answers.

Guest Gym Teacher Man

I just don't see why some of you are so certain it's an act. To me, it looked like he was fucked-up. But I slightly feel like it's an act (joke?).

Some of you seem to think there's no way this man, that has had public troubles in the past, was with his brother the night he died of a drug overdose, and looks like he's using, could actually be having a rough time.

Either way, I hope he keeps acting. I hope he either cleans up or stops pretending to be fucked-up.

Some of you seem to think there's no way this man, that has had public troubles in the past, was with his brother the night he died of a drug overdose, and looks like he's using, could actually be having a rough time.

That's certainly a possibility. I just find it odd that rather than helping him, it's being filmed by a family member. Usually when someone gets a lot of attention in the media for being a mess their publicist releases a statement trying to explain the behavior. That hasn't happened this time, suggesting to me that there isn't a problem.

If there is a problem, that makes Casey Affleck a much bigger asshole than anyone ever imagined Ben Affleck to be.

That's certainly a possibility. I just find it odd that rather than helping him, it's being filmed by a family member. Usually when someone gets a lot of attention in the media for being a mess their publicist releases a statement trying to explain the behavior. That hasn't happened this time, suggesting to me that there isn't a problem.

If there is a problem, that makes Casey Affleck a much bigger asshole than anyone ever imagined Ben Affleck to be.

Thats a missing part of his act. He should have his publicist make some statements and throw more people off.

This whole thread should have been a poll.

Joaquin Phoenix is:

A. Weird

B. High as a kite

C. Not "really" weird, but is merely "acting" weird

D. A genius

Joaquin's appearance on Letterman left me:

A. Feeling like I was the only one clever enough to be in on his joke.

B. Nonplussed and afraid.

C. Concerned for his welfare.

D. Yearning for Andy Koufman.

Thats a missing part of his act. He should have his publicist make some statements and throw more people off.
Joaquin Phoenix's publicist insists that the actor's recent foray into rap music is no hoax. Responding to growing speculation (including an EW.com story in which two people close to Phoenix say that his plans to retire from movies to focus on a music career may be an elaborate put-on), Susan Patricola told MTV News, "The transition from one career to another is never seamless. It should come as no surprise to anyone that Joaquin came from a musical family, in addition to winning a Golden Globe for his portrayal of Johnny Cash.... He intends on exploring his musical interests despite speculative, negative or positive reactions."