Joaquin Phoenix - Wha?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see this young man on Letterman last night? If this is an act, hat's off to him. First that "hip-hop" video leaked and now this.

Here's a partial clip of some of the highlights... Letterman is still hilarious:

Letterman highlights

There's an epidemic of batshit crazy lately.

awesome, he's slipped into the Brother Theodore/Crispin Glover camp of Letterman guests.

Cept, Brother Theodore had his shtick, which was planned. Glover was freaky and flakey - maybe not so planned... (at least I'm pretty sure David didn't like Crispin's boot coming within an inch of his face)

Joaquin was merely boring and stoned...

I'm not sure where I heard this, but I did hear speculation that he and Casey Affleck are filming a "reality" show with Joaquin's alter ego. I wouldn't watch it, but I hope there's some kind of explanation like that and it's not that he's just gone batshit crazy.

Cept, Brother Theodore had his shtick, which was planned. Glover was freaky and flakey - maybe not so planned... (at least I'm pretty sure David didn't like Crispin's boot coming within an inch of his face)

Joaquin was merely boring and stoned...

sure

Maybe he's working on a new Andy Kaufman biopic.

Actually when I see stuff like this, and especially that Crispin Glover piece I always think of Andy Kaufman.

Performance art comedy is not for everyone, but man I dig it.

"fucked up as a pile of coat hangers"

I love this one. :lol

Part of me believes that but why? It's not like his stock was dropping. He's a pretty well-respected actor.

I think he's filming a Borat - style pic, with himself as the central character, that will examine celebrity and the media's reactions to his meltdown. Casey Affleck is also producing it and "in" on the joke. I think his stoned-out Joaquin persona allows him to fuck with people's heads for 6 months or so.

I get the "this is a stunt" vibe after watching this.