Joaquin Phoenix - Wha?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I saw it. You dont think people can act like they are on drugs?

Occam's razor would suggest that he was actually on drugs.

If it's real, I feel bad for him, because he's already dealt with some f-ed up things in his life, and obviously it would be good if he was dealing with those things in a healthy way.

And if it's real, I also feel bad for Casey Affleck, and JP's manager or whoever else should be helping him deal with this situation rather than booking him on talk shows, and David Letterman and whoever on his staff let him go on in that condition, because all of those people are probably going to hell.

I'm guessing if it was real, at least one of those people would have stepped up and made some effort to contain the situation by now. So that's kind of making me think that it's not real.

I'm guessing if it was real, at least one of those people would have stepped up and made some effort to contain the situation by now. So that's kind of making me think that it's not real.

Yeah, exactly. If this was real, and if Affleck had real qualms about the sanity of his brother-in-law, he wouldn't hire an expensive film crew to follow him around, or line up producers who would willingly foot the bill for such a production. It's way too big of a risk and in Hollywood, I doubt anyone is willing to take such gambles in these uncertain times. Would you film a movie about your brother-in-law if you thought he was on drugs or delusional?

Affleck has been nominated for an Oscar, he actually has somewhat of a career that he could piss away by agreeing to this (assuming it was a disaster in the making).

The line in the release form referring to the 'documentary' as a 'Picture' is a dead giveaway. They're covering their bases in case people sue them for falsely claiming the film is a documentary when it is really a work of fiction.

Letterman is the king of having provocative guest appearances on his show - from Glover tripping to Madonna swearing to Drew flashing - now this. Leno wouldn't be able to handle the act. So that's another point in favor of this being premeditated.

If it's real, I feel bad for him, because he's already dealt with some f-ed up things in his life, and obviously it would be good if he was dealing with those things in a healthy way.

And if it's real, I also feel bad for Casey Affleck, and JP's manager or whoever else should be helping him deal with this situation rather than booking him on talk shows, and David Letterman and whoever on his staff let him go on in that condition, because all of those people are probably going to hell.

I think your logic is right.

Good points, but think about all of the other celebrities that no one stepped up and helped before they became complete train wrecks. Brittany Spears, Amy Winehouse, to name a couple..

Would you film a movie about your brother-in-law if you thought he was on drugs or delusional?

Yes, if I was on drugs or delusional myself, which, I am told, happens a lot to those Hollywood types.

Good points, but think about all of the other celebrities that no one stepped up and helped before they became complete train wrecks. Brittany Spears, Amy Winehouse, to name a couple..

True, but there's usually somebody (didn't Amy Winehouse's father come out in the UK press and ask people to stop letting her get away with this shit?) who does say something, even if it's totally ineffectual.

Or maybe he's acting like this guy:

punkd.jpg

Christ, I would sooner admit to shoving Valium up my peehole than emulating Ashton Kutcher. And yes, that includes banging Demi Moore.