Obama on Fiscal Responsibility

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not shifting any arguments. That is complete bullshit. Read my posts. It's safe to say I have been saying the same thing when it has been popular or not. You ignore all credible evidence to keep your mind made up that everything is great Wall St. is honest and that Goldman actually made a profit when it has been debunked how they didn't. I mean you quote the WSJ, a Rupert Murdoch publication, as legitimate. That's funny really it is. And I don't care if you have AIG insurance, but don't claim profits from insurance claims ala Goldman Sachs. Our economy is in free fall and there will be no recovery. And it's funny you are still under the delusion Obama is trying to save the economy rather than his true motives of ruining the dollar to introduce world currency. It's pretty obvious to most discerning people that is what the agenda is.

I linked to WSJ for a factual story. I didn't quote anything from the WSJ. Are you telling me that if I had linked to the New York Times, we wouldn't be arguing right now? Is THAT what this is about?

(Also, when did I ever say everything was great?)

Actually, the bank bailout is working beautifully. It's right on target to break the back of the middle class once and for all, so that the elites can turn the American people into third world citizens. The banks did not miss a thing. Collapse was the goal.

I'm gonna agree with this statement.

I have it on good authority that this is untrue.

What... good authority?

I dont believe we are doomed with no end but I do believe we are headed for a big hit much worse than this recession at the pace we are going. An inflationatory depression. I have hope before it gets really really bad, Obama and our government will do the right things. But as for now, they are not.

What... good authority?

I dont believe we are doomed with no end but I do believe we are headed for a big hit much worse than this recession at the pace we are going. An inflationatory depression. I have hope before it gets really really bad, Obama and our government will do the right things. But as for now, they are not.

And if we hadn't done anything (ie, we let the banks fail and the auto industry fail, etc), what do you think would have happened? Roses and chocolates? Or bank runs and the Fed printing money to make depositors whole, a shaken confidence in the dollar throughout the world, resulting in inflation and a worldwide depression?

In other words, exactly where you say we are headed? Except that there's a chance that banks don't go under given what we are trying now, and maybe the economy recovers (or starts to recover), and we re-focus on fighting inflation and paying down debt with slow growth. Seems like it's worth a shot to me. But I am a thief defender.

Not after the government throws $700B at the Cirrus and Plus Networks to keep them from going under.

I cant see electronic money going away. In this age, money is created electronically more than printed. Electonic money is the same as paper money in any case, they both flood the money supply the exact same.

It's pretty obvious to most discerning people that is what the agenda is.

It is this very backhanded pretension, this swaggering dismissal of someone who does not agree with what is at least a very difficult theory to explain, that makes conspiracy theorists look like abrasive wing nuts.

I do not believe, nor have I seen evidence to believe that Obama is destroying the dollar to unveil a global currency. I do know that if I did believe that, I would put it across with a little more evidence and a little less snottiness.

I like my local public radio's quote of "If you think you fully understand this economy then you do not understand this economy."

Too bad by that point no store will take ATM cards. It will be cash only and lots of it.

Does that mean I won't have to watch the little old lady in front of me at the supermarket spend twenty minutes writing a check?

Sweet!

It's pretty obvious to most discerning people that is what the agenda is.

Speaking of obvious, have you ever noticed how those who convince themselves that they alone are the "most discerning" almost never are?

Build your case. Insights supported by facts, reason, details, and a comprehensive knowledge base are much more persuasive than specious assumptions of superiority.

Speaking of obvious, have you ever noticed how those who convince themselves that they alone are the "most discerning" almost never are?

Build your case. Insights supported by facts, reason, details, and a comprehensive knowledge base are much more persuasive than specious assumptions of superiority.

SAYS YOU, NITWIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :realmad

...but please be sure to keep the "WAKE UP PEOPLE" and 'YOU'RE AN IDIOT IF YOU CAN'T SEE IT" rhetoric. His posts would be so boring without them...

on a similar note, I love listening to Sat morning radio, where they have those guys who talk about wiping out your debt in a matter of days/weeks/months... pretty much screaming at you the whole time that you're an idiot if you don't come to their seminars.

reminds me of my favorite George Will quote - "Never take financial advice from a man who's shouting at you."

...but please be sure to keep the "WAKE UP PEOPLE" and 'YOU'RE AN IDIOT IF YOU CAN'T SEE IT" rhetoric. His posts would be so boring without them...

on a similar note, I love listening to Sat morning radio, where they have those guys who talk about wiping out your debt in a matter of days/weeks/months... pretty much screaming at you the whole time that you're an idiot if you don't come to their seminars.

reminds me of my favorite George Will quote - "Never take financial advice from a man who's shouting at you."

I have never called anyone an idiot. And if people would bother reading back over this very long thread I would point out I have provided a lot of evidence. And people see no evidence of a global currency emerging? Seriously are you kidding? Did you not read about the G20 2 weeks ago? How about Geithner agreeing there needs to be a global reserve currency on China's advice??? There is nothing to that right? Please read back over the thread it has all been laid out. Like I said, people choose not to see what are very obvious signs in front of them. But I guess it's easier to shoot down ideas than even reading this thread, which you would know your criticisms are completely unfounded if you bothered doing that much. Like is often the case people mistake a conspiracy for an agenda. Another lie people willingly buy into. Your life is going to change in the next couple years. The grand illusion is that change is going to be for the better.

Guest Jules
Another lie people willingly buy into. Your life is going to change in the next couple years. The grand illusion is that change is going to be for the better.

you should drink more.

wake up people your an idiot if you can't see it , i think we could all use a healthy dose of that anyone disagree?

There has already been a test run of this in Argentina. Another central bank controlled country. Again, it is laid out for people to see.

have you read my last thread americans dont give a fuck about argentina or FACTS!!!!! lol

I'm not shifting any arguments. That is complete bullshit. Read my posts. It's safe to say I have been saying the same thing when it has been popular or not. You ignore all credible evidence to keep your mind made up that everything is great Wall St. is honest and that Goldman actually made a profit when it has been debunked how they didn't. I mean you quote the WSJ, a Rupert Murdoch publication, as legitimate. That's funny really it is. And I don't care if you have AIG insurance, but don't claim profits from insurance claims ala Goldman Sachs. Our economy is in free fall and there will be no recovery. And it's funny you are still under the delusion Obama is trying to save the economy rather than his true motives of ruining the dollar to introduce world currency. It's pretty obvious to most discerning people that is what the agenda is.

You chide him for quoting the journal, yet you seem to be parroting the Michelle Bachmann argument that Obama is trying to institute a rodl wide currency. What's the evidence? If any of it comes from that batsh*t crazy Bachman, well that has all been debunked. Debunked in thhe real world even though fox kept pushing this notion. Does it come from a random quote from China about a new standard currency? What is the reason for the hysteria?

there is some serious bullshit in this thread you know, genralizing and acuusing people of spreading conspiracy theories is bullshit,

Ive done my part to sread many ridiculous theorie I will admit but all the agruments futureage has made are of a diffrent order.

and while treating his opinions like crap might seem easy behind a wall of leftist delusion in the rational world it is not.

have a real debate for once when presented with this very legitiment viewpoint. explain with detail what you disagree with

what you find to be basseless, thats fine, but catergorizing and generalzing is an act of censorship even if you cant see it.

In my humble opinion to quote Angela Chase

You chide him for quoting the journal, yet you seem to be parroting the Michelle Bachmann argument that Obama is trying to institute a rodl wide currency. What's the evidence? If any of it comes from that batsh*t crazy Bachman, well that has all been debunked. Debunked in thhe real world even though fox kept pushing this notion. Does it come from a random quote from China about a new standard currency? What is the reason for the hysteria?

No, it comes from Geithner's slip of the tongue. That's the evidence of conspiracy.

And I didn't quote the Journal for crying out loud. It was a news story that I pulled from the Journal. It's not like I quoted an editorial. I offered to pull the story from the NYTimes if it will make everyone feel better.