I have most of his records so you can count me as a fan.

And "Dress Sexy at My Funeral" is one of the greatest songs ever.

Guest Hollinger.

I want to take a bunch of pictures of myself gettin it on in all the places described, and play them as a slideshow w/ that song @ my funeral.

And "Dress Sexy at My Funeral" is one of the greatest songs ever.
Double truth.

I want to take a bunch of pictures of myself gettin it on in all the places described, and play them as a slideshow w/ that song @ my funeral.
Don't you need a wife for that to work?
Which SMOG record would be a good starting point ?

Knock Knock for sure... that has 3 of his best songs imo (Cold Blooded Old Times, Hit The Ground Running, & Let's Move To The Country)

my faves:

Knock Knock

Dongs of Sevotion

Supper

Red Apple Falls

The Doctor Came At Dawn

A River Ain't Too Much

Rain on Lens

yeah knock knock would be the best place to start for sure.

I never got into Doctor Came At Dawn for some reason. it's prolly my least favorite besides his old stuff like sewn to the sky or forgotten foundation.

my faves are the same as solace's only replace Doctor Came at Dawn with Wild Love. Just because of Prince Alone in the Studio I love that song.

I only own 2 of his discs (Knock Knock and A River Ain't Too Much To Love), but like them both A LOT.

I really need to get more Smog.

"River Guard" and "Drinking At the Damn" are 2 of my favorite songs.

"river guard" is awesome...Callahan's got a great songwriting style and delivery.

i would heartily recommend getting _Doctor Came At Dawn_...it's very bleak, but what a statement.

I think Woke on a Whaleheart is my favorite thing he's ever done, followed by A River Ain't Too Much To Love and maybe Dongs of Sevotion.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so glad my iTunes started pushing me to listen to Smog again. I'd forgotten how much I liked it, since I think it's been since high school (at least 3 years) that I listened to him last.

I feel a bit ashamed for only having A River Ain't Too Much to Love, so voy buscando por some of the songs/albums y'all have mentioned.

Huge fan here as well. Dongs Of Sevotion, Red Apple Falls, Rain On Lens and his solo stuff under his own name, all bloody brilliant. Such a wonderful back catalogue that is so rewarding to immerse yourself in.