Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

What do you guys think. Meh for my money.

He's about like he was on SNL..not very good; however, the Roots are a really cool house band.

Guest Jules

Rough start, but I caught some of his interview with Trump last night, and I can kind of see his approach. I think he knows what he's doing, but it might take a while to stick.

Bad move booking Dinero though. That guy has never given an interesting interview.

Having the Roots as your house band is a very good start but I have not watched it yet. Took Conan a little while to find his stride. I assume his show was not the mess Chevy's was?

I have not seen it yet, but would like to. I've always liked Fallon just OK. My best memories of him on SNL is watching him hold back his laugh during a sketch....watching him during Ferrel's "Cowbell" sketch is awesome. But I'm skeptical of him having his own show. But if he has good writers, his show should be fine.

Probably good that NBC is starting him now. By the time Conan comes on in June, Fallon should be finding his stride.

Guest Jules
My best memories of him on SNL is watching him hold back his laugh during a sketch....watching him during Ferrel's "Cowbell" sketch is awesome.

This is not considered a good thing for a sketch comic.

This is not considered a good thing for a sketch comic.

Um, I guess you're right.

But there's something funny and entertaining about it. I used to love it when Harvey Korman and Tim Conway couldn't keep a straight face in the old Carol Burnett shows.

Fallon's a young guy for talk-show hosts. I think he'll grow into a decent host.

considering how bad Conan was starting out, i think Jimmy will do ok in time.

So true. I remember Conan when he first started - I thought "God, this is the personification of lame"....but eventually he became the funniest of them all, imo.

Wasn't NBC essentially paying him a retainer fee for a year or two in preparation for the show?

I have no idea, but I doubt it'd cost much to keep him on retainer. It's not like he was having to turn down high dollar offers over the last couple years.

Anyway, as for the the Roots, it seems like they'll be ready to get back to being a regular band before too long and won't want to be anchored in one place. I think it'd be interesting if Fallon got an entirely new house band every season. I don't think a late night show has ever done that.

I haven't seen this yet. I hope it's good. I have my doubts, though. I saw him when he MC'd Spitzer's inauguration party. Occassionally a band would be a little delayed in getting started and they would throw him out there to fill the time. He looked both terrified and like a fish out of water doing that stuff. Seemed like he can't do anything on the fly. Could have just been that this was an arena. Maybe he's more comfortable in the studio.

Anyway, as for the the Roots, it seems like they'll be ready to get back to being a regular band before too long and won't want to be anchored in one place. I think it'd be interesting if Fallon got an entirely new house band every season. I don't think a late night show has ever done that.

What do you mean it 'seems' - ?uestlove has said the band is retired from touring.