Tom Waits News Update!

Here's a link to buy both "Glitter and Doom" Live as well as "Orphans" on vinyl:

http://www.kingsroadmerch.com/anti-records/

b1084b2df5d0b04df09d2d254cb64b04.jpg

DISC 1

Track listing is as follows:

1. Lucinda / Ain't Goin Down (Birmingham - 07/03/08) - 5:37

2. Singapore (Edinburgh - 07/28/08) - 5:00

3. Get Behind The Mule (Tulsa - 06/25/08) - 6:26

4. Fannin Street (Knoxville - 06/29/08) - 4:16

5. Dirt In The Ground (Milan - 07/19/08) - 5:18

6. Such A Scream (Milan - 07/18/08) - 2:51

7. Live Circus (Jacksonville - 07/01/08) - 5:04

8. Goin' Out West (Tulsa - 06/25/08) - 3:48

9. Falling Down (Paris - 07/25/08) - 4:21

10. The Part You Throw Away (Edinburgh - 07/28/08) - 5:07

11. Trampled Rose (Dublin - 08/01/08) - 5:06

12. Metropolitan Glide (Knoxville - 6/29/08) - 3:10

13. I'll Shoot The Moon (Paris - 07/24/08) - 4:25

14. Green Grass (Edinburgh - 07/27/08) - 3:20

15. Make It Rain (Atlanta - 07/05/08) - 3:58

16. Story (Columbus - 06/28/08) - 2:02

17. Lucky Day (Atlanta - 07/05/08) - 3:47

DISC 2

1. Tom Tales

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a happy man. Only thing that would make me happier is a legitimate Blu-ray (or DVD) of "Big Time".

Hurr, hurr.

:yes I pre-ordered the oil stain shirt, booklet bundle! :dancing And about the “Big Time” DVD, I've been trying to get the Criterion collection to release it for years, now. I've done so by constantly sending suggestion emails. They responded back to me once by saying "Yeah, that would be very cool..." You can also try sending them too- I would think the more requests the better!

Happy days. Just ordered the CD/Book/T-Shirt set. All looks very nice. Roll on the 24th November. I'm especially looking forward to this as I couldn't make the UK shows last year (Bloody wife going into labour!. She wouldn't even let me name my newly born son Tom in respect!!). The Orphans Vinyl set also looks very tempting. Having five or six bonus songs much just sway it. Any word on a new album?

Any word on a new album?

The only news I heard as of March 2009 (noted in this thread's first post) was that Tom and Kathleen were writing new songs with plans to record this summer. I guess there will be more news in the new year. :thumbup

Free Glitter and Doom Live Album Preview

http://www.tomwaits.com/news/article/60/Topspin_Widget_Test/

As a special thank you for visiting tomwaits.com, we’d like to offer a sneak preview of the new Tom Waits album, Glitter and Doom Live, arriving November 24th. Check out the first 8 songs for free, including a roaring version of “Get Behind the Mule” and a slinky reinvention of “Singapore,” and if you love the album as much as we think you will, you can pre-order it. CD and LP include as a bonus the 35 minute disc/track “Tom Tales,” compiling between‐song banter from throughout the tour into a continuous monologue, and chronicling for the first time one of fans’ favorite parts of a Waits’ performance.

BTW: Tom's new website http://www.tomwaits.com/ is very cool... I recommend visiting it- you will not be disappointed!! :)

The only news I heard as of March 2009 (noted in this thread's first post) was that Tom and Kathleen were writing new songs with plans to record this summer. I guess there will be more news in the new year. :thumbup

That's a classy photo of Tom you have there 'Rain-Dog'. If ever there was a role Mr. Waits was born to play then the Devil is it!!. We seem to share a common with our Waits-related names. I assume 'Rain Dogs' is the definitve album for you?. I would certainly agree thats its the best of the lot. One album I really love is 'Real Gone' which doesn't seem to get much love at all. What a great album that it. I'm also very fond of 'Franks Wild Years' (unsurprisingly) which has some corkers on it.

That's a classy photo of Tom you have there 'Rain-Dog'. If ever there was a role Mr. Waits was born to play then the Devil is it!!. We seem to share a common with our Waits-related names. I assume 'Rain Dogs' is the definitve album for you?. I would certainly agree thats its the best of the lot. One album I really love is 'Real Gone' which doesn't seem to get much love at all. What a great album that it. I'm also very fond of 'Franks Wild Years' (unsurprisingly) which has some corkers on it.

I gotta agree, Real Gone is a great album but my personal fav is Blood Money.

Well… I wouldn’t necessarily call ‘Rain Dogs’ the definitive album for me. That’s just the one that I first heard when I started to really get into Waits… I guess that’s when you can say it all clicked for me, though. Plus, I just love the whole concept behind the name. I think it’s almost impossible for me to pick a favorite Tom Waits album. I honestly love every single one of them for what they are! But yeah, ‘Real Gone’ is a magnificent album and you’re right about it being highly underrated!

Well… I wouldn’t necessarily call ‘Rain Dogs’ the definitive album for me. That’s just the one that I first heard when I started to really get into Waits… I guess that’s when you can say it all clicked for me, though. Plus, I just love the whole concept behind the name. I think it’s almost impossible for me to pick a favorite Tom Waits album. I honestly love every single one of them for what they are! But yeah, ‘Real Gone’ is a magnificent album and you’re right about it being highly underrated!

I think the only Tom Waits album that I can live without is 'Foreign Affairs', which i feel is a bit week and predictabale. However, that one has 'Burma Shave' on it which is one of the all-time classic Tom Waits tracks. Although he is more of a left-field artist I cannot think of anyone else who has been so consistant over such a period of time. Even Dylan and Neil Young have put out a large amount of duff albums. Tom's quality control is second to none.

• 2 weeks later...

In other Tom-related news, it looks like they'll be a new track featuring New Orleans' Preservation Hall Jazz Band

See below:

http://www.twentyfourbit.com/post/223465251/tom-waits-recording-w-nola-s-preservation-hall-jazz

Hoo-hah!

Saw that... Can't wait to hear those tracks, especially the one with the jazz band! :dancing

09. Jesus Gonna Be Here (Stu singing Tom Waits song, Bob on keys)

Thought this was a bit interesting. The above was played tonight (10.31.09) in Chicago by Bob Dylan and his band. Have heard it yet, though.

Below is from another board.

He said that Bob said, "now we have a special guest, Tom Waits." Everyone was waiting for Tom to appear. Then Stu walked center stage and did a verse or two of Jesus Gonna Be Here. He said Stu did a great job, and that Bob was leaning across the keys and enjoying it.

Thought this was a bit interesting. The above was played tonight (10.31.09) in Chicago by Bob Dylan and his band. Have heard it yet, though.

Below is from another board.

That's awesome! Wish it were Bob singing, though.

From expecting rain: :lol

It was funny because Bob said, "We have a special guest tonight", and introduced "Tom Waits". We were all spazzing out and cheering, then we realized it was Stu and Bob Dylan played a Halloween trick on us. Then after one verse, Bob came up and pushed Stu away and we all a good laugh about it.

Imagine though if Tom really would have really come out... :omg

The Eels do a great version of 'Jesus Gonna Be Here'. It was on one of their recent live records.

I was checking out the new Waits website and Tom must be the most photogenic rock star ever. There are some seriously cool pictures in the photo section.

Bloomington, Indiana

Indiana University

IU Auditorium

November 2, 2009

8.San Diego Serenade (1 verse) (song by Tom Waits)

(Stu on vocals and acoustic guitar, Charlie on acoustic guitar, Bob did not perform on this song)

Dylan's band does another verse from another Waits song. Perhaps they are going through his catalog one verse at a time.

• 2 months later...

This looks very interesting. A new stage collaboration between Tom and Robert Wilson. I am a big fan of 'The Black Rider', 'Alice' and 'Blood money' so hopefully this could mean some new songs on the horizon. I'd love to catch one of these performances this time round. I missed the 'Black Rider' performance when it hit the U.K a few years back.

http://www.antilabelblog.com/?p=2257