Tom Waits News Update!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah they have. Tommy The Cat. Great song.

Also, Les plays on a few tracks on Real Gone, and probably a few other TW albums.

Les is on Mule Variations, too. I forget which tracks.

• 1 month later...

I just saw Big Time last night for the first time. Netflix has it on instant play. Pretty amazing concert/concept film. It looks like someone who works for Netflix transferred their VHS copy. I'll bet it'll disappear from their collection before long, so if you have Netflix and haven't seen it, check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

From ANTI Records:

Tom Waits Sets the Rumors Straight

Tuesday August 16, 2011

There have been rumblings and rumors. New music, you say? Come to TomWaits.com on Tuesday August 23rd, and Mr. Waits himself will set the record straight.

From ANTI Records:

Tom Waits Sets the Rumors Straight

Tuesday August 16, 2011

There have been rumblings and rumors. New music, you say? Come to TomWaits.com on Tuesday August 23rd, and Mr. Waits himself will set the record straight.

That sounds promising. This and the new wilco teaser have me ticking over nicely.

Here it is!!

Bad As Me is Tom Waits’ first studio album of all new music in seven years. This pivotal work refines the music that has come before and signals a new direction. Waits, in possibly the finest voice of his career, worked with a veteran team of gifted musicians and longtime co-writer/producer Kathleen Brennan. From the opening horn-fueled chug of “Chicago,” to the closing barroom chorale of “New Year’s Eve,” Bad As Me displays the full career range of Waits’ songwriting, from beautiful ballads like “Last Leaf,” to the avant cinematic soundscape of “Hell Broke Luce,” a battlefront dispatch. On tracks like “Talking at the Same Time,” Waits shows off a supple falsetto, while on blues burners like “Raised Right Men” and the gospel tinged “Satisfied” he spits, stutters and howls. Like a good boxer, these songs are lean and mean, with strong hooks and tight running times. A pervasive sense of players delighting in each other’s musical company brings a feeling of loose joy even to the album’s saddest songs.

Pre-order Bad As Me at the Tom Waits Store.

Get the "Bad As Me" MP3 at your favorite digital retailer.

View the "Bad As Me" lyrics here.

Bad As Me Tracklisting

01. Chicago

02. Raised Right Men

03. Talking At The Same Time

04. Get Lost

05. Face To The Highway

06. Pay Me

07. Back In The Crowd

08. Bad As Me

09. Kiss Me

10. Satisfied

11. Last Leaf

12. Hell Broke Luce

13. New Year's Eve

http://www.tomwaits.com/news/

Here it is!!

Bad As Me is Tom Waits’ first studio album of all new music in seven years. This pivotal work refines the music that has come before and signals a new direction. Waits, in possibly the finest voice of his career, worked with a veteran team of gifted musicians and longtime co-writer/producer Kathleen Brennan. From the opening horn-fueled chug of “Chicago,” to the closing barroom chorale of “New Year’s Eve,” Bad As Me displays the full career range of Waits’ songwriting, from beautiful ballads like “Last Leaf,” to the avant cinematic soundscape of “Hell Broke Luce,” a battlefront dispatch. On tracks like “Talking at the Same Time,” Waits shows off a supple falsetto, while on blues burners like “Raised Right Men” and the gospel tinged “Satisfied” he spits, stutters and howls. Like a good boxer, these songs are lean and mean, with strong hooks and tight running times. A pervasive sense of players delighting in each other’s musical company brings a feeling of loose joy even to the album’s saddest songs.

Pre-order Bad As Me at the Tom Waits Store.

Get the "Bad As Me" MP3 at your favorite digital retailer.

View the "Bad As Me" lyrics here.

Bad As Me Tracklisting

01. Chicago

02. Raised Right Men

03. Talking At The Same Time

04. Get Lost

05. Face To The Highway

06. Pay Me

07. Back In The Crowd

08. Bad As Me

09. Kiss Me

10. Satisfied

11. Last Leaf

12. Hell Broke Luce

13. New Year's Eve

http://www.tomwaits.com/news/

Very exciting. There is a two-disc version with a few bonus tracks. Can't Wait for this record.

• 1 month later...

I can't believe "Real Gone" came out 7 years ago, felt more like 3 or 4. Excited to hear the new one.