• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished the last episode of Season 5. Did it all via Netflix, in exactly two months. Holy shit that was a good show. I want to watch it all again with commentary now.

I resisted looking up anything about the actors, or anything about the show, or even reading this thread until I was done. I'm looking forward to exploring interviews and press and such now that I'm finished. (I just watched the Kenard/Omar clip. I had no idea!)

You know what else? I had Dominic West pegged as not American right away (bless his accent's heart) but had no idea until I looked them up a few weeks ago that Idris Elba (Stringer Bell) AND Aiden Gillen (freakin' Carcetti) aren't American either. Whoa.

A couple of friends have a fantastic Wire-related story that I should share here. I didn't appreciate it properly when it happened a couple years ago because I'd never seen the show, but I recently made my friend report it to me again.

How in the hell am I supposed to manage to finish season 1, watch the Final Four and opening day for the Tigers all in the same 3 day period? I need two more televisions. I think that's a righteous abuse of a living space. Anyone need a pretty girl and a Brittany Spaniel, as I assume they will be moving out when I try and pull this off?

A couple of friends have a fantastic Wire-related story that I should share here. I didn't appreciate it properly when it happened a couple years ago because I'd never seen the show, but I recently made my friend report it to me again.

do tell...

Said friend lives in D.C. (Hodie, for those of you who may know her). Story takes place in Baltimore. Here it is:

We were planning to go to an afghan restaurant that had been getting great reviews, but on the way over it started pouring. Monsoon conditions. We realized we looked just too awful to be going to that nice white tablecloth place, so we went to Ride Aid and bought a roll of paper towels and ducked into the nearest bar. It was a Baltimore brewpub, pretty cool, with many kinds of beer. We found a tiny table in a corner and ordered some bar food and some beers and sat there drying ourselves off with paper towels. Really.

We were in the bar

Holy crap, Bridget, I never even thought of the library. I had Netflix one at a time, but then upgraded to 2 at a time a month ago to expedite the viewing. Thanks for the reminder to switch back to one.

:thumbup I'm just mad that it took me two seasons to remember the wonderful library!!

Said friend lives in D.C. (Hodie, for those of you who may know her). Story takes place in Baltimore. Here it is:

We were planning to go to an afghan restaurant that had been getting great reviews, but on the way over it started pouring. Monsoon conditions. We realized we looked just too awful to be going to that nice white tablecloth place, so we went to Ride Aid and bought a roll of paper towels and ducked into the nearest bar. It was a Baltimore brewpub, pretty cool, with many kinds of beer. We found a tiny table in a corner and ordered some bar food and some beers and sat there drying ourselves off with paper towels. Really.

We were in the bar

Cool story. I would have had McNulty pour me a Jamesons.

I like how on the show they go outside to hurl, then go back in and get the taste out of there mouth with another shot.

I get to the point of hurling, I'm done for the night.

We were in the bar

i just finished season 1 and am stunned at the brilliance of this show. all those network crime shows - CSI, Law & Order, etc - are cartoons in comparison. one thing is for certain is that it demands close attention or else you would be totally lost.

season 2 is up next, and i can't wait

Omar is my favorite character too. i also think all of the characters in the west side crew were great - D'Angelo, Avon, Stringer, etc.

I just watched the final episode of season 5. Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

The cadillac stood by the house

And the yanks they were within

And the tinker boys they hissed advice

'Hot-wire her with a pin'

Then we turned and shook as we had a look

In the room where the dead man lay

So big Jim Dwyer made his last trip

To the shores where his fathers lay

But fifteen minutes later

We had our first taste of whiskey

There was uncles giving lectures

On ancient Irish history