So, we figured out why we were missing scenes... so, yeah. We had been spoiled by the Sopranos DVDs because those were edited that you could skip the title credits, and it would automatically forward to the first scene immediately following the credits. We were doing the same with the Wire, but just realized last night that if you skipped the credits, you also skipped about 5 minutes of the show. So basically, we've missed about 45 minutes of the show. Fucking dumbass. So STUPID STUPID STUPID!

We never noticed that a 55 minute show was ending 50 minutes after we started it!

WOW.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, we figured out why we were missing scenes... so, yeah. We had been spoiled by the Sopranos DVDs because those were edited that you could skip the title credits, and it would automatically forward to the first scene immediately following the credits. We were doing the same with the Wire, but just realized last night that if you skipped the credits, you also skipped about 5 minutes of the show. So basically, we've missed about 45 minutes of the show. Fucking dumbass. So STUPID STUPID STUPID!

We never noticed that a 55 minute show was ending 50 minutes after we started it!

laugh.gif

Sounds like something I would do.

Best opening scene is here,

First scene of the show actually!

Finished season 1 Friday night, with a 3 episode mini marathon.

Jesus, what a kick-in-the-nuts pessimistic ending. Good guys demoted, weak guys promoted, and the drug trade goes on and on and on. Good to see Omar in the final shot.

"It's all in the game..." has become my phrase of choice with my wife to explain when things go wrong. "Did you get milk?" "Aww babe, I forgot - it's all in the game yo."

Finished season 1 Friday night, with a 3 episode mini marathon.

"It's all in the game..." has become my phrase of choice with my wife to explain when things go wrong. "Did you get milk?" "Aww babe, I forgot - it's all in the game yo."

I also like to use, "We need some Honey Nut Cheerios up in here Yo!"

• 3 months later...

Getting close to finishing.

Season 5 has been so awful (not awful in quality, but awful in the choices of McNulty and others) that we've been dragging on this season. Not to mention I think we're stalling on finishing the series. 3 more episodes to go.

I stalled on the last few episodes too because I didn't want the show to end! I need to watch all seasons again... I think it's been about a year.

The Wire is excellent. The best drama / cop / criminal show ever.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but The Wire was a Showtime production, however the first season is now on HBO.

Just watched the first episode again last night.

The opening scene to start the series sets the tone for the whole show; superduber.

After greedily consuming the whole series via Netflix, I bought us the complete box set for Christmas. We haven't watched any of it yet, but we're looking forward to immersing ourselves in it again.

After greedily consuming the whole series via Netflix, I bought us the complete box set for Christmas. We haven't watched any of it yet, but we're looking forward to immersing ourselves in it again.

I miss season one. I think that one may be my favorite, just because it was awesome watching the cops figure out who exactly Avon Barksdale was.

Snoop and her mumble-mouth might be my favorite character. Chris Partlow scares the bejeezus out of me WAY more than Omar. Partlow would kill me. Omar would ignore me because I'm a "citizen."

As was The Corner, and as will be Treme when it premiers in April (which I'm really excited about).

I just saw this thread exists, and won't read the whole thing, but I need to just say I LOVE The Wire. I have seen it from front to end at least three times, and each time a new season started, I'd watch the preceding... So I've seen Season 1 like eight times, season two seven, etc... It never gets old!!! Brilliant TV.

I'm also VERY excited for Treme. The fact that it's Dave Simon and Ed Burns is reason enough to be excited, then consider the completely intriguing premise/setting/acting ensemble, etc. I love New Orleans and its music, so bring this one on!

HBO rules

• 3 weeks later...

The onion had an interesting article about fictional characters assigned questionable taste in music. They mentioned that Nick Sobotka from season 2 of the Wire had a guided by voices "Universal truths and cycles" poster on his wall. Have to admit I did not notice that at the time but I have to agree, I don't see any way that Nick Sobotka was a guided by voices fan.

Ha - I remember that now. Thought the same thing. Gotta check out that article. I'll bet Meadow Soprano is mentioned.

Also, we got this shirt (not the baby) in the mail from a friend last night, a pre-natal gift:

honeynut.png

:lol I have got to find one of those for my new niece!

Ha - I remember that now. Thought the same thing. Gotta check out that article. I'll bet Meadow Soprano is mentioned.

Also, we got this shirt (not the baby) in the mail from a friend last night, a pre-natal gift:

honeynut.png

No way... that is classic. How? I want one dammit.

Meadow in her dorm room with her duetschebank Green Peace boyfriend? I remember some poster or gratuitous name drop of a band I liked at the time and cringing.

Congrats, anyway!

I remember Anthony Junior had a prominent Sugarcult poster in his room. The singer in the band is my cousins neighbor and said there was a production designer on the show that was a big fan. I suspect production designer bias has the most to do with these things.