I would have slept with one cradled in my arms.

That same guy told me that Albert Lee grabbed him by the throat* once when he popped into Ten Years After's dressing room uninvited to see if they needed any more snacks or beer, so maybe he learned to respect the boundaries between stage hand and rock star. :stunned

*Bill Graham withheld their pay until Albert Lee apologized.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus, that took me half the day, but I found it. It was The Buck Pets. 1993. The album was called "tothequick". I think the cover of "Bargain" was on the CD only. I used to have the cd, but that disappeared many, many moves ago. I remember that I liked it though.

The thing about The Who that I always found so appealing (besides the master songcraft) when I was a kid was their unshakable conviction in the power of Rock as a force for positive change and the ability to heal (especially emotional scars).

When Jeff Bebe in Almost Famous says "Nobody can explain rock and roll, except maybe Pete Townshend" - I just nod and agree.

• 1 month later...

The Who - Leeds University 14th February 1970 16mm footage

Someone on Youtube was so kind to upload the complete remaining footage of Live at Leeds, which was only included on the Japanese edition of "Amazing Journey"...

And for those who have never heard it:

Dogs

It's a weird song. I've always liked some of the music in the song.

The Who - Leeds University 14th February 1970 16mm footage

And for those who have never heard it:

Dogs

It's a weird song. I've always liked some of the music in the song.

The B-side of Pinball Wizard, right? I had that 45 as a ute. I like the tune - great riffing from Pete, kind of a frenzied blues.

Weird song - but the music is cool. I think that is right.

You gotta love B-sides. I remember having the 45 of "squeeze box" and we ended up listening to the B side of that way more, unless my memory is faulty it was a strange song called "Success Story".

I like the video for that song in The Kids Are Alright. Supposedly, John was shooting Roger's gold records.

That's from Kids are alright? Time for me to pull that movie out again because I don't even remember it, but that song sure brings back memories and sounds as good as I remember.

I had a cold rainy drive in to work the other morning. I popped in the first disc of Quadrophenia. The Music backed by the grey skys, the rain, and the bleakness of Detroit created an almost perfect commute.

• 1 year later...

I saw that, didn't finish watching it though. Was it authentic?

Live At Leeds

Sleeve design by Graphreaks [it was designed to resemble a bootleg. A press release claimed that the emblem on the cover would be hand stamped by band members and others in the Track Records office. ALL original LP issues in the U.S. and U.K. came with a sheaf of photographs, facsimiles of documents from The Who's career to that point including their contract at Woodstock, and a reproduction of the poster used to promote The Who at their Marquee Club gigs in late 1964. So no, you didn't just find an old Who album in which somebody left all these original Who documents. And the "Live" in the title is pronounced with a long "i." The Who don't "live" at Leeds.]

That's what I was thinking. I didn't see this episode of Pawn Stars, but when I saw the promo and it mentioned Woodstock contracts, I immediately assumed someone was going to bring them the Live at Leeds inserts.

I didn't think it was since the guy said he found it an album jacket at yard sale. You would have thought the old guy would have known about the Leed's album. I sure it's a bit rare, but didn't they give the guy $200.00.

I didn't think it was since the guy said he found it an album jacket at yard sale. You would have thought the old guy would have known about the Leed's album. I sure it's a bit rare, but didn't they give the guy $200.00.

Yes - I think there were several hundred thousand of the inserts made (the first pressing of the the album). Plus, I think they were reprinted at some point.

Are we talking about the original Live at Leeds with the inserts or something special?? There are lots of these around. I bought one for less than ten bucks at some point in the past.

LouieB

Did they bring in an expert for this appraisal?

I bought Live at Leeds with most of the inserts for $1 a few years ago. A copy of Live at Leeds with all original inserts, all in mint condition, is not even close to worth $200.